Tin Man's MNPoolBootCamp

DarkOne

Well, this is a long post... But worth the read

I went to some pool lessons in Minnesota and wanted to write about it...

I started listening to the Cue It Up Podcast about a year and a half ago. This podcast talks about professional pool players and everything that is happening in to pool scene. Well during one of the podcasts they interviewed Demetrius Jelatis and started asking him about how he trains pool players and about his business. The thing that stuck out to me as I listened to this was how passionate this guy was about what he is doing.

I ended up calling Demetry and asking him some questions about his boot camps. He told me that the training is one on one and that you fly in and work on what he teaches for 2 and a half days. He also told me that his training is tailored for each individual to help them progress faster. The BIGGEST SELLER for me was a discussion on a podcast. I started researching who Demetrius was and found out that he plays and completes on a professional level but does not make his living as a pro player. He has played in the US Open the Derby City Classic and many other high-level tournaments. The players he competes with are at the top level of pool.
This was about a year and a half ago and Demetry was just transitioning from a corporate sales job to creating his own business. When I talked to him I really wanted to go train with him but had to wait until I was able to go. I started listening to the podcast and started reading about him on azbilliards.com. Demetrius is well known there as the Tin Man. Finally, about 6 months ago I googled reviews about the bootcamp on azbilliards. I started reading other people's experiences and why they trained with Demetrius.

People talked about what it was like to intensely train with a top-level pro. They compared it to a military bootcamp it had challenges and people who came out of the experience changed for the better. I read about how impressed people were with the content of the training and the value and direction they got from the experience. At that point, I stopped considering any other training available and started making plans to schedule my training.
I wanted to get the most out of the training so I practiced every day for about 2 months. Normally I was playing tournaments or playing casually, but I wanted to play my best so I practiced.

I flew in on a Thursday night and he picked me up at the airport. He showed me the room where I would sleep and we got to work. We were playing and this guy beat me so bad lol. I think I won one out of 8 games, but it didn't bother me because I knew he would be showing me a lot of things. The next morning I woke up around 8 and showered. We took breaks for meals. I didn't have a watch on so I occasionally would look at my phone and realize a few hours went by without me thinking about it. The training was intense, and it was exactly what I needed. I really liked how he presented the material and how well the training was designed. He wasn't teaching new material, he was refining what I already knew. I already know how to pull shape for the next ball, but he gave me tools to make it easier to do. One of my favorite exercises we did was playing scotch doubles. I felt like I was playing better than I have ever played.

In my opinion, this bootcamp experience has distinct advantages over other training. The first was that the training was tailored to my needs. Another advantage was that we had time to work on the things presented. We spent about 10 hours a day working on drills and discussing specific topics to help me. The training was one on one. The other advantage was that this guy was a strong pool player. So we would work on something he could show me what it looked like and then have me try. I feel like now I have a direction to go. Before I was working on getting better but didn't know how to get there. Now I feel like I have tools and drills to practice to get better. I know better how a professional approaches pool and how I can get better.

If any of you have questions about my experience message me. Here are some links for more information
Demetrius website:
http://mnpoolbootcamp.com/
Demetrius profile (tin man) on azbilliard.com
https://forums.azbilliards.com/members/tin-man.9648/
Youtube channel for mnpoolbootcamp
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRYeTMUUd-SpAP2bDwzCvBQ

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 193