TIP CLIPZ - Product Review - KEEP YOUR CASE CLEAN

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I've been reading on the forum about these Tip Clipz but I've only seen external photos. Are you too proprietary at this point for internal pictures?
Apparently they have some sort of clip at the ferrule to keep them from falling off easily; what about a shaft without a ferrule (Revo), do you see any issues or same regardless? If I knew more about the internal view it could be self explanatory but I understand if that isn't prudent.

I have no problem with someone posting a pic of inside of the Tip Clip. So, if anyone wants to post one, fine by me. I never took a pic of the inside, didn't think anyone would be interested.

But as far as the REVO, i'd have to say yes, it would hold nicely. I use on an OB 2+ shaft, with the wood ferrule, and not a problem. It's not the material that maters, but the thickness. As long as it's not OVER 14mm or under 11mm, it will work.

There are 2 sizes. Regular, for shafts 12.7mm and largers. And small, for tips smaller than 12.7.

They will retail for right around $8 for a pair. Not cheap, I know, but they are made in USA and they should last years !! Heck, you'll lose them before they go bad. Could of saved a few bucks going to China, but our guy here is doing a great job making these. And quality control and shipping are quite easy !!

Last edited:

jeromyh13

Registered
Well I was fortunate to get my hands on some. Tried them out, in and out of my jb rugged, purposely trying to pull the shafts out at an angle. The clipz didn't budge. Stay on my 314-2 shaft with no issues. You could easily hang a shaft by one of these. A+ and will definitely keep my case spotless.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine. Works great. Not much to add. They do EXACTLY as described: protects the tip and keeps case,thus the shaft, much cleaner. Definitely one of those ,duh, why didn't i think of that, products. Thanks for the offer.

Last edited:

JRusso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tip Clipz review

I was lucky enough to be selected to give the Tip Clipz a review. The Clipz that I received were sized to fit 12.7mm to 14mm shafts. This works perfectly for me as my playing shafts are at 12.75mm and my breaker is 13.25mm. So in this case one size fits all my shafts.
I will say that this product easily meets its objective to be quick to apply, keeps the chalk covered cue tip from making contact with the case interior and will not within any normal use circumstance fall off in your case.
Having one of these fall off in the cue case was my initial concern. Having installed them on several shafts and subsequently had to remove them, I will say I don't see anyway this would happen under normal use. They require some effort to remove, which in my opinion is a good thing.
I will keep the picture uploads to a minimum as others have already uploaded quite a few images of the Tip Clipz. I did include one of the inside view of the product as requested since RJ has given permission to do so. I also included one of my case interior which was designed to hold up to a 32" butt or shaft. You can see that I have a couple inches to go before the tip is in the tube. Without the Tip Clipz there is plenty of opportunity to get chalk all over the place.
These are a good idea, and I see no reason that if sold at a reasonable price point anyone with a nice case would not be grabbing these up.

Thank You for the opportunity to review these Tip Clipz!

Attachments

• Tip clipz.JPG
    Tip clipz.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Swift Case.JPG
    Swift Case.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
^^^^^^^

Thanks JRusso for the review. Very good. Price point is retail $8.50. Yeah, we can cheap out and go to China and get the price down, but we got very good quality control here, folks we can trust, and easy shipping, so we are gonna keep making these in USA.

Going to try and bring them to market and see if there is a "market".

I don't see the need to replace them to often unless lost or you buy MORE cues. Mabye just a niche market. I know some others that sell something similar, but we just didn't like how they performed, or how they attached. We hope folks that use the other products give Tip Clipz a go.

If this goes or not, who knows, but I"m going to keep a personal life time supply stashed away so I can use them for the next 30 years. I figure a dozen or so should get me through :)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the product has merit for a lot of pool players.
The notion of wiping the tip on the floor is literally absurd.

Based upon the player's chalking routine & the case design.
not everyone has an issue with chalk stains. Just like HI eye
posted, chalk stains on my cue case, ferrules of shafts isn't
a problem for me. Anyone ever think of damp wiping your
cue tip before loading it back into your case?

In any event, pool players love gadgets but this particular
product looks like with some players, it could have real merit.

Matt B.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have had a chance to try my Tip Clipz out over a few trips to the hall now. Overall, I really like them! Easy to use and do exactly what you expect from them. I always use joint protectors as well so I just set these in the ball tray with my joint protectors so there just super low hassle for me.

The 12.75mm+ size fits great! Love how they slide on and off.

The smaller size (for 12mm shaft in my case) seems to be the same cap with a spacer on one side. This works well though is maybe a touch of a tighter fit. Nice that there is no risk of it falling off though.

Overall, if you're a stickler for a clean case (I am!!) and get tired of having to have wipe your tips off every time these are a great solution. I also feel less need to scuff my tip since I'm not smoothing it out by cleaning all the chalk off every time they go back in my case.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Just curious if any of the Product Testers are NOW actually using the Tip Clipz ??

Testing is one thing, but actually using and liking the product is quite another.

So, what say you ??

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious if any of the Product Testers are NOW actually using the Tip Clipz ??

Testing is one thing, but actually using and liking the product is quite another.

So, what say you ??

I have continued to use mine, and do still like them a lot. I would say I still haven't gotten used to having them, as I keep forgetting they are on and put my cues together and then go to chalk and find them sitting there. :lol: I am sure a few more weeks and I'll start remembering they are there.

However, packing up I remember them every time since I think about cleaning the tip and then just throw the tip clips on there and go. It is a small thing but so easy I don't want to go back to tip cleaning at the end of the night.

As a follow up to my original review, I have not cleaned the tips yet and they seem fine. Also I have no more concerns about long term use and chalk build up scratching my ferrule. With more use they slide on with ease and stay put without harming the ferrule at all.

My biggest concern is about losing them but they go in the chalk pocket in my case along with my joint protectors and so far so good. :thumbup:

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tip Clipz

So, what say you ??

I am using them and actually would like to purchase some more.
have had a few people ask me about them as well.
Let me know when and if they are available

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I am using them and actually would like to purchase some more.
have had a few people ask me about them as well.
Let me know when and if they are available

Thanks, good to know folks actually like them. I mean, if you didn't, you could just toss them.

They are for sale on AZB under my user name, or for sale by Seyberts Billiard Supply :thumbup: