titan ferulle

bunep

Registered
hi..

when i first tried titan ferulle, its very good..
when i turned it in my lathe its very soft and the rest of the cut was just like plastic wool.

yesterday i just bought again some titan ferulles..

i'm surprised that the colour is different, i mean that the first ferulles have more shine than this one.

then, i turned it in my lathe, its have some powderinstead of plastic wool, ..and some of them have crack..

is it true that the quality is like that?
or they send me a false product?
btw i buy it from the same seller.

hope somebody familiar with this kind of problem and can give some adivse

regards
hiera

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did buy some Titan only to repair Predators.
During the repairs I have done I always made them from scratch from a long rod which I just chop to the correct dimensions for perfect fit.
So I guess I'm not the best to correlate you're experience with since I use one long rod, but the rod I have seems to be very consistent.
It do machine very well and I always finnish my ferrules with a 1000-1200 grit paper and it looks like new.
You could have a look at the result here and compare in case :
http://www.kendocues.com/Websted/Cuerepex.html

Kent

dave sutton

Banned
i just got a rod of titan and it is just like i remember. i had pre cut and tapped before. cleans up nice and plays well. mine is ultra white also

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Newton said:
I did buy some Titan only to repair Predators.
During the repairs I have done I always made them from scratch from a long rod which I just chop to the correct dimensions for perfect fit.
So I guess I'm not the best to correlate you're experience with since I use one long rod, but the rod I have seems to be very consistent.
It do machine very well and I always finnish my ferrules with a 1000-1200 grit paper and it looks like new.
You could have a look at the result here and compare in case :
http://www.kendocues.com/Websted/Cuerepex.html

Kent

Very nice operation. I love when there are clear, sharply focused close up pictures.

Dick

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
I was impressed with Kent from our first correspondence. He is a very capable individual and is very aware of what he's doing. I have a great sense that he will do well in whatever he chooses. I also feel that, should he be in need of assistance, there are many here who will take the time to lend him a hand. I will gladly place myself amongst them. KJ

Easonscues

Easonscues.com
Silver Member
bunep said:
hi..

when i first tried titan ferulle, its very good..
when i turned it in my lathe its very soft and the rest of the cut was just like plastic wool.

yesterday i just bought again some titan ferulles..

i'm surprised that the colour is different, i mean that the first ferulles have more shine than this one.

then, i turned it in my lathe, its have some powderinstead of plastic wool, ..and some of them have crack..

is it true that the quality is like that?
or they send me a false product?
btw i buy it from the same seller.

hope somebody familiar with this kind of problem and can give some adivse

regards
hiera
Hi ,
I have some rod ,I dont use it that much so if you want about a foot of it send me your address and i'll get it out to you. Then you could see if the rod is better for you .Later Jeff Eason

Newton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you KJ and Dick for the compliment.
It should be mentioned that this was the first ferrule job
I did so I was happy with it and so was the customer.

I have still not made any cue, but I'll get there some day
and it's a lot because of you guy's together with the others up here
which have helped me out, that I'm sure that I would get there at the end :)

I'll just keep asking more now :thumbup:

Thank's

Kent

bunep

Registered
thanks guys

thanks for all the information guys..

i will try to picture it or take the video...and post it here..asap.

hiera