Toam V-10 again.💩

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
This guy is a good player(cashed at recent TexasOpen) and knows his stuff. He miscued and showed me the deposit. you literally had to either scrape it off or rub it hard against the cloth get it off. It was green, pretty sure was v10.
That's odd. He must have miscued like hell. I use V10 on my break stick and player. Even with my ham handed miscues I've never seen a deposit. I did with Pyro, but never V10. Maybe he was caking it on really thick or something. It's definitely out of the ordinary.

TrxR

This guy is a good player(cashed at recent TexasOpen) and knows his stuff. He miscued and showed me the deposit. you literally had to either scrape it off or rub it hard against the cloth get it off. It was green, pretty sure was v10.
I believe you just haven't noticed it myself but will definitely keep an eye out.

Thanks

gbs52

Registered
Has anyone else noticed the 'chunks' of chalk left by a mis-cue using this stuff? A buddy was in town and he uses Taom and he showed me this. If you miscue using this chalk you get a deposit that has to be scraped off. This normal? I'm a Master/BlueDiamond user myself so i don't know.
I get a globy transfer with V10 on the cue ball. It cakes on cue ball without a miscue. But I’m bad to cover tip really good. You have to fingernail it off. Do they make a chalk that doesn’t do it?

Last edited:

skiergd011013

I just got a cube of the pyro to see what the hype is about. Ive only used it for two pool outings so far. It does seem to stay on the tip after many shots and not require rechalking often.....which could get you out of the habit of chalking for every shot. I believe that chalking before every shot should be part of the routine. It gives you a few secs to focus, reset, and address the next shot, ontop of the miscue protection. Im curious how long the cube will last. If reasonable, ill try the v10 next. I just have to keep it away from my teammate, who likes to drill holes in chalk with his cue.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
You can "overchalk" with the V10 and build up a pretty thick layer, some of which will transfer or fall off. I make a practice of using a paper towel now and then to remove as much chalk as I can from the tip and start clean. I'm still a big fan of the V10 over all others, so far.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can "overchalk" with the V10 and build up a pretty thick layer, some of which will transfer or fall off. I make a practice of using a paper towel now and then to remove as much chalk as I can from the tip and start clean. I'm still a big fan of the V10 over all others, so far.
since i chalk frequently this was the problem i had with v10
i went back to masters

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I use a towel after each session and remove as much chalk as I can from the tip before putting it in my case. I found that for any chalk, when you slide the cue into the case, over time you end up with chalk lining the inside of the shaft tube, and eventually, it ends up all over the shaft. This also prevents building up too much chalk if you are an over-chalker.

After trying many of the "big names", I settled on V10. I have never seen "chunks" on my table, and I have Blue 860 cloth so the green would be obvious.