Tokyo area pool rooms

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Anyone know if there are any pool rooms in the Tokyo area where there is no smoking? I'm kind of thinking I'm s.o.l. if I'm looking for a non-smoking room there but, hey, can't hurt to ask. I'll be there for a little over 3 weeks in early April.

Aside from the smoking question, what are the main pool rooms in the area where the players hang out?

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Tokyo is a huge area, if you are more specific maybe a local can help you out. I live in a different part of Japan, but have been to Tokyo a fair amount of times.

The pool players in Tokyo seem to be spread out over a bunch of pool rooms and non-smoking rooms are, afaik, non-existent. My favorite rooms are the Kabuki-cho Bagus and Rosa Kaikan in Ikebukuro. There are also a bunch of smaller rooms that are good as well, but hard to find. If you are looking for local tournaments, you will have to befriend a local and have them take you around to the smaller rooms. Most of the Bagus (except for the Kabuki-cho one) are just for fun, real players will be few and far in between at those place so you might want to avoid them (although they tend to have very nice equipment if you are just looking to hit a few balls).

Last edited:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Tokyo is a huge area, if you are more specific maybe a local can help you out. I live in a different part of Japan, but have been to Tokyo a fair amount of times.

The pool players in Tokyo seem to be spread out over a bunch of pool rooms and non-smoking rooms are, afaik, non-existent. My favorite rooms are the Kabuki-cho Bagus and Rosa Kaikan in Ikebukuro. There are also a bunch of smaller rooms that are good as well, but hard to find. If you are looking for local tournaments, you will have to befriend a local and have them take you around to the smaller rooms. Most of the Bagus (except for the Kabuki-cho one) are just for fun, real players will be few and far in between at those place so you might want to avoid them (although they tend to have very nice equipment if you are just looking to hit a few balls).

I will be in Abiko City in Chiba. I think it's like a 30 minute train ride to Ueno station. I'll have a JR pass while I'm there, so I should be able to get around ok.

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
A quick google maps search of ビリヤード gave like 5 places to try.
Good luck in your area. Probably lots people to play! Just say okane o kakenai? Most people show their speed, but there are quite a few solid players depending on the place.

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I will be in Abiko City in Chiba. I think it's like a 30 minute train ride to Ueno station. I'll have a JR pass while I'm there, so I should be able to get around ok.

If you look around the city you are going to, there will probably be places to play as well, but if you want to head out to Tokyo, try out Rosa kaikan first.

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't really interested in playing last time I was there, so I never got out to check out any pool rooms. Sounds like there are lots of options.