Tomahawk on Cynergy?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Anyone modify their cuetec cynergy shaft with a different ferrule material? I plan on drilling out majority on the old material as far as it enters the shaft then adding a "vault type" setup with tomahawk.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

VMYK8739.jpg

Made a demo mock up out of Juma of what I am talking about doing, please excuse the resolution quality of photos and the glue on the out side of the ferrule I applied uv glue to see how fast it cures as an experiment, has nothing to do with the project.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have made that type of ferrule insert from Tomahawk for CF tubes. Being lightweight but very strong, Tomahawk works very well for that type of design.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I#ll do 4 times with Tomahawk, resault is perfect. Installed also the Taom Pro soft on there, some don't like the Sniper( but for me the Sniper is still the BEST on that shaft, had mine over 1 year on and still Plays perfect, you MUST give that tip time to settle it)
RG

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I#ll do 4 times with Tomahawk, resault is perfect. Installed also the Taom Pro soft on there, some don't like the Sniper( but for me the Sniper is still the BEST on that shaft, had mine over 1 year on and still Plays perfect, you MUST give that tip time to settle it)
RG

I agree That tip is not bad at all once broken in, but I personally really enjoy Zan tips plus medium is a fantastic consistent tip.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
RG

I agree That tip is not bad at all once broken in, but I personally really enjoy Zan tips plus medium is a fantastic consistent tip.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Update on the project, everything worked out great and was a success. Plays amazing hit I can only describe as solid. Tomahawk is a superior material to the stock material that's used on the cynergy IMHO. The set up just plays all around better, material was cut to half the size on the normal cynergy ferrule and has a red fiber pad and Zan plus medium tip.

GEPU6389.jpg

IMG_1431.jpeg

CJLS7759.jpg

WGUL6139.jpg

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I had the old ferrell drilled out completly and made new of Tomahawk. Installed a Zan Hybrid Max which is a GREAT Combo if someone didn't like the Sniper Tip
RG

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I had the old ferrell drilled out completly and made new of Tomahawk. Installed a Zan Hybrid Max which is a GREAT Combo if someone didn't like the Sniper Tip
RG

I had thought about doing that but this seemed safe and strong. I have been curious about the hybrid max for awhile now but I really do love the plus medium! I also hear that Tomahawk is heavier than the abs? that's used so I didn't mind using less of it. Although the reason for using Tomahawk wasn't necessarily for less deflection purposes more for a more stable but also light material. The only thing I can see doing as a future experiment is a true (vault plat) design with tomahawk but I think the deflection percentage would still be so minuscule, also I would only feel comfortable doing this if they finally make a 30' shaft, that way I wouldn't be taking away to much from the length of the shaft.:grin-square:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Tomahawk is the lightest on strongest Material which you can buy :wink:
that#s why I drilled out ALL, the Ferell is lighter as the ORG. We use a red fiber pad under the Hybrid Max too,hope it helps

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Tomahawk is the lightest on strongest Material which you can buy :wink:
that#s why I drilled out ALL, the Ferell is lighter as the ORG. We use a red fiber pad under the Hybrid Max too,hope it helps

Thanks for saying this, I made the jump and stated over today and did exactly what you said and drilled it out to the plastic inner lining and did a complete vault plate design like the way it hits plays much better.

GQEV9022.jpg

HYPH0470.jpeg

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^ Clean work on the ferrule replacement. What glue did you use on it if you don't mind me asking? I also own a Cynergy, no need to change the ferrule yet but it would be nice to know what worked for you :smile:

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be nice to do a before and after deflection test to see if there's any appreciable difference.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
^ Clean work on the ferrule replacement. What glue did you use on it if you don't mind me asking? I also own a Cynergy, no need to change the ferrule yet but it would be nice to know what worked for you :smile:

I used loctite ultra gel, works like a charm on this set up granted it never was glued truly to the carbon fiber inside, If I did I probably would have used two part epoxy. Upon further playing with that shaft I believe it hits a little too firm, didn't think that was possible for me lol. It could also be a mental thing knowing I need to get use to the new feel also the shaft is slightly shorter now. I think a softer hitting material would be great for the set up, Juma maybe, deflection shouldn't be noticeable at how small of a change it would be especially with the fully vault plate setup I ended with. Also Juma is strong and fairly chalk resistant after a nice sanding and polish, Ivory tinted Juma is pleasant on the eyes, a nice soft white. Other thoughts were to install a softer tip than the Zan medium perhaps a Zan plus soft or a Kamui brown soft.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Ok my current set up I did was Juma into the tomahawk, and currently playing with a lepro tip, also took the shaft down a bit in the first 4-5 inches or two to 12mm, its not as pretty in the front on the carbon but just as smooth and plays jam up! Waiting on a new sniper tip because I feel once broken in that tip plays amazing, holds shape and chalk very well. Moves the cue ball very nice matched with the cynergy shaft. if anyone would like pictures I can post some on request.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have made that type of ferrule insert from Tomahawk for CF tubes. Being lightweight but very strong, Tomahawk works very well for that type of design.
Kelly, did you buy the Juma ferrule for the Cynergy cue or did you make it? Looks like you made it. Are they for sale? If so, how much? Do you have a procedure for removing old Cynergy ferrule and then installing the new ferrule? I get nothing from Cuetec when I ask them. Thanks!

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kelly, did you buy the Juma ferrule for the Cynergy cue or did you make it? Looks like you made it. Are they for sale? If so, how much? Do you have a procedure for removing old Cynergy ferrule and then installing the new ferrule? I get nothing from Cuetec when I ask them. Thanks!
Hi Tom. I think you jumped tracks. I'm not the original poster who had the Cynergy and made the Tomahawk/Juma combo.