tri-state tour

Uski

PBIA/ACS Instructor
Silver Member
Recently a freind of mine played in a tri-state event and on the table next to him there was a player being very vulgar,distracting and very disrespecful to the people around him.... my friend approached him and before he could ask him to have some respect for the players in the tournament he told my freind to go F himself ....nothing was done about this ...but something needs to be done... isnt there a code of conduct to prevent this from happening?.... If not hopefully their will be soon ....that is the type of stuff that is hurting our sport..... we need to put the players in check .... they cannot do and say as they please.........first time should be a warning and the next time they should be kicked out of the tourney with no refund...

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your friend should have just gone to the tournament director to begin with. I played on the tri states a lot and know that the tournament director would have addressed the situation appropriately. Todd, John, and Bill are good guys. I know some people will chime in and say that it's on par for the tri state tour to have this type of conduct. These are the same people who don't go through proper channels to resolve their issues. Always crying to someone that has no bearing on the outcome of the situation or better yet saying something when it's too late.

Last edited:

Uski

PBIA/ACS Instructor
Silver Member
i believe the directors are good guys and my same freind says the tour is great... my only point is something should be enforced this way no one has to bother the directors because they know if they act up they are kicked out of the tourney and embarrassed as they should be.... i wasnt bashing the tri-state tour ...only giving a helpful idea ....

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know your not bashing. It is disappointing to see a bad apple ruin an otherwise positive experience. Remember that examples would have to be made of to convey the tour's policy on player conduct. I have been in a few tri state tournaments where a player has either been warned or kicked out for unprofessional player conduct.

Last edited:

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
Kick him out!

Recently a freind of mine played in a tri-state event and on the table next to him there was a player being very vulgar,distracting and very disrespecful to the people around him.... my friend approached him and before he could ask him to have some respect for the players in the tournament he told my freind to go F himself ....nothing was done about this ...but something needs to be done... isnt there a code of conduct to prevent this from happening?.... If not hopefully their will be soon ....that is the type of stuff that is hurting our sport..... we need to put the players in check .... they cannot do and say as they please.........first time should be a warning and the next time they should be kicked out of the tourney with no refund...

You have to remember if you don't inform the director He can't address it Directly.

I'm sure if that happened around me I would inform the director To give him the HEADS UP.
So when you do complain about the unsportmanlike conduct He has backup in knowing that others have seen the same thing.

I play in that tour & I can say that most of the players are VERY sportsmanlike!

Lets face it we are all amature players in that tour & even top players in their levels don't look to make money,
we Just have fun with competitive sportsmanlike people that for the most part enjoy the game.