Trout fising and pool hustling? You betcha.

9BallPaul

Banned
Seems unlikely, but trout fishing and pool hustling can be remarkably similar. Consider a recent experience I had:

All good anglers know that observation is the first rule. Watch the river. Find the fish. Find the bugs. Figure out the feeding patterns. In the pool, the largest trout will assemble at the front of the run, with the trout reducing in size as the pod reaches its end, maybe a dozen trout in all. They should be picked off from the rear, so as not to spook the better targets.

In the pool hall, the same laws of observation apply. Measure the fish, from smallest to largest.

Read a newspaper, quaff a beer, but watch what's going on.

Then you return with a classy cue and grab yourself a front table. If you're like me, you'll wear an Obama/Biden hat to attract even more attention. Then you pick off the fish, from smallest to largest, and it's time to leave. I stuffed all my cash into a satchel and drove straight to the bank. Thanks Mr. President, I'm better off than I was four days ago.
 
Back
Top