two balls hanging

poolshooter74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A shot as taken where both balls were left hanging over the pocket(either ball did not drop)not touching or hanging over the bed. This is a Bca sanctioned league, what is the ruling for this?

Thanks,
Louis

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the balls are jammed in the pocket where removing one will cause the other to drop (one of them is more than half way over the hole basically) they count as IN.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the balls are jammed in the pocket where removing one will cause the other to drop (one of them is more than half way over the hole basically) they count as IN.

That's good to know. It doesn't come up that often but the couple times I've seen it happen no one knew what to do.....

What if one of the 2 balls is the cueball, are you just screwed and have to try to shoot out of the pocket without fouling? Maybe compress the cushion to try to escape without double hitting the ball it's frozen to?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good to know. It doesn't come up that often but the couple times I've seen it happen no one knew what to do.....

What if one of the 2 balls is the cueball, are you just screwed and have to try to shoot out of the pocket without fouling? Maybe compress the cushion to try to escape without double hitting the ball it's frozen to?

I would think if the cueball was involved there, it would be counted as bring in the hole and therefore a scratch.