Two Easy Steps to Run Racks!

kanzzo

hobby player
what a waste of time.

if this isn't some fun thread where I didn't get the joke, then measureman is absolutely right.

9 Ball is easy
the rules are

1. Identify the problems of the rack (8-9 in this layout)
2. Pot the ball
3. To get position on the next ball
4. To be able to play position for the ball after the next ball
So the right way to play 9 or 10 Ball is to think 3 balls ahead.

^^ it's not that much more comlicated then your 2 rules but makes sense actually.

If you would only have played 6 with position on 7 (like straight in being easiest to pocket 7) you would have no chance of breaking 8/9 cluster and running out.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if this wasn't some fun thread where I didn't get the joke, then measureman is absolutely right.

9 Ball is easy
the rules are

1. Identify the problems of the rack (8-9 in this layout)
2. Pot the ball
3. To get position on the next ball
4. To be able to play position for ball 3
So the right way to play 9 or 10 Ball is to think 3 balls ahead.

^^ it's not that much more comlicated then your 2 rules but makes sense actually.

If you would only have played 6 with position on 7 (like straight in being easiest to pocket 7) you would have no chance of breaking 8/9 cluster and running out.

He didn't have to break anything. His scarf moved the 9 and cleared the 8 to go in the bottom left pocket.

This video reminds me of something a HOF player told me about straight pool. He said it's really pretty easy once you know how to do it.

kanzzo

hobby player
He didn't have to break anything. His scarf moved the 9 and cleared the 8 to go in the bottom left pocket.

This video reminds me of something a HOF player told me about straight pool. He said it's really pretty easy once you know how to do it.
You would still need to play position on the 7 with an angle to get on the 8. Straight in on the 7 ends the run.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would still need to play position on the 7 with an angle to get on the 8. Straight in on the 7 ends the run.
Well, yes. If your point is that it is not enough simply to pocket a ball and get position on the next one then I agree.

kanzzo

hobby player
Well, yes. If your point is that it is not enough simply to pocket a ball and get position on the next one then I agree.
exactly
ddbf6a19df36ca75e22fa1d379957666.png

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

Shuddy speaking: The 8 ball was actually closer to the 9 after his scarf bumped it and still didn’t go in the corner. I asked DD about the 7, and he said he did leave an angle to break open the 8 and 9, but wanted to keep the video focused on what he feels are the most important fundamental principles.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shuddy speaking: The 8 ball was actually closer to the 9 after his scarf bumped it and still didn’t go in the corner. I asked DD about the 7, and he said he did leave an angle to break open the 8 and 9, but wanted to keep the video focused on what he feels are the most important fundamental principles.
Based on some of the replies to this thread I have to ask whether the video is an inside joke or if it was meant to be serious? No disrespect intended but I've never seen DD's videos and thought it might be a spoof. For instance, the scarf thing. Why wear a scarf while playing pool and why not rerecord a rack that is clean? It sure looked like the 8 went after the scarf bump, but a little hard to tell. I can see that DD did look down on it after he moved the balls.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Based on some of the replies to this thread I have to ask whether the video is an inside joke or if it was meant to be serious? No disrespect intended but I've never seen DD's videos and thought it might be a spoof. For instance, the scarf thing. Why wear a scarf while playing pool and why not rerecord a rack that is clean? It sure looked like the 8 went after the scarf bump, but a little hard to tell. I can see that DD did look down on it after he moved the balls.

DD likes to do things in one take, he views it as a challenge. It also means I don’t have to spend as much time editing his work. He has some unusual views on billiards, but he’s a hell of a player. I suggest taking a look at some of his recent videos to decide whether you want to take him seriously or not.