Two Searing steel half joints for sale.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Dennis Searing Hoppe cues for sale.

KEEPING THEM ALL. CUES ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE.

I have two Dennis Searing steel half joint Hoppe cues for sale. Both are the new style seamless one piece veneers that I believe are unique to him. Both are in near mint condition with no real marks, scratches, or nicks of any kind. Cues are both made in 2009, 58", both should weigh 19.2-19.6 oz, all parts are straight, all 4 shafts have Kamui medium clears installed by Dennis, all are between 12.8 and 13mm. They will come with custom joint protectors made by Dennis.
I can take the cues to Dennis who can verify any information about them and me for your peace of mind. If you'd like to ask him to escrow the sale, I'm sure he will at a cost. If you'd like me to leave him the cues for any tweaking to your specific needs, that can certainly be done as well.
These two cues are truly great examples of Searing Precision. Prices are firm, package deal will knock $xxx off total and please consider this is not a distress sale, so no ridiculous offers.
1. Cue with linen wrap and ivory inlays $xxxx
2. Cue with leather wrap $ xxxx
Thank you,
Dan Z

Attachments

• IMG_8313.jpg
    IMG_8313.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 8,685
  • IMG_8316.jpg
    IMG_8316.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 8,613
  • IMG_8323.jpg
    IMG_8323.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 8,597
  • IMG_8325.jpg
    IMG_8325.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 8,602
  • IMG_8320.jpg
    IMG_8320.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 8,599
Last edited:

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Here is a picture of the whole cues, as asked. They are sexy! Pm me with your telephone number. I'd rather speak to someone than have long exchanges of pm's. Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_8311.jpg
    IMG_8311.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 8,535
  • IMG_8314.jpg
    IMG_8314.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 8,462
  • IMG_8317.jpg
    IMG_8317.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 8,456
  • IMG_8322.jpg
    IMG_8322.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 8,457
Last edited:

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Reason for sale is the addition of a big Searing cue. Couple of nice offers, but I'm firm on price. These are as nice as Hoppes get. They both have polished and engraved bolts under the bumpers.
Below is the culprit that largely caused the listing to prevent marrital stress!

Attachments

• IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 8,387
  • IMG_7863.jpg
    IMG_7863.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 8,402
  • IMG_7838.jpg
    IMG_7838.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 8,378
Last edited:

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't afford these cues, but I can marvel at them. :)

Those have to be recuts. Can't find even the tiniest seam. Dennis is a fanatic about detail, that's for sure.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thank you for your post. These are not recuts, they are custom made veneers that are cut exactly 90 degrees. I believe he is the only cue maker who does this. The result is that there are no glue lines or seams. They are made from shaft wood and custom dyed through a special process that he designed as well.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for your post. These are not recuts, they are custom made veneers that are cut exactly 90 degrees. I believe he is the only cue maker who does this. The result is that there are no glue lines or seams. They are made from shaft wood and custom dyed through a special process that he designed as well.

Don't think he's the only one. I was playing with that exact idea in my head a while back, though. I don't understand why it isn't more popular. I guess people would rather buy the veneers and miter them than make their own.

Technically it isn't cutting again, but since there is no glue, I think recut could still be used to describe it. Or perhaps it needs its own word.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don't think he's the only one. I was playing with that exact idea in my head a while back, though. I don't understand why it isn't more popular. I guess people would rather buy the veneers and miter them than make their own.

Technically it isn't cutting again, but since there is no glue, I think recut could still be used to describe it. Or perhaps it needs its own word.

You cant be playing with an "idea in your head" when somebody has been doing it for years and you know they have. Can I invent the automobile? I mean, I have been playing with the idea in my head:confused: And recut is NOT the word to describe it.

Jason

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Dennis Searing custom cues

Jason I couldn't agree more!!

Both these cues are monster players.

No longer for sale.

Last edited:

Johnnybgood

Banned
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Reason for sale is the addition of a big Searing cue. Couple of nice offers, but I'm firm on price. These are as nice as Hoppes get. They both have polished and engraved bolts under the bumpers.

Below is the culprit that largely caused the listing to prevent marrital stress!

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s a “half joint”? Seems to me at those prices you would get the full joint? No?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums