U.S. National Pool Association - Not!

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone hazard a guess as to why there is no U.S. national pool association that a pool/billiard enthusiast can join, whether you're a player, or not?

I'm a ham radio operator and support that hobby by being a member of the American Radio Relay League.

In days past I was a drag racer and belonged to the National Hot Rod Association.

I even supported racing at the Bonneville Slat Flats for a year (by becoming a member of the Southern California Timing Association).

I'm not even ashamed to admit that I supported my interest in firearms by joining the NRA (gag!).

I ride a motorcycle and am a member of the American Motorcyclist Association.

I've shot pool for over fifty years (sob!) and belong to Zip pool-related organizations. Why? Because there isn't one stinking pool-related organization that an average person can join as a means of demonstrating their support.

Please, please, someone, anyone, tell me I'm wrong.

Shoot safe.

John
 
.....I've shot pool for over fifty years (sob!) and belong to Zip pool-related organizations. Why? Because there isn't one stinking pool-related organization that an average person can join as a means of demonstrating their support. Please, please, someone, anyone, tell me I'm wrong.

Shoot safe.

John

With all due respect, sir, you are only partially wrong.
While there is no de facto pool org in the U.S., there are
certainly pool orgs that work for the betterment of the sport:
BCA, USPPA, CSI, and APA, though the latter's purview I believe extends outside the U.S.
Research these orgs and see if there is any way to "join" inasmuch as you can do so.

But, at the very least, by signing up as a member on THIS site (AZbilliards)
you will be supporting pool—no two ways about it.
I'm embarrassed to say I have not done so myself to date.

Further, by contributing your knowledge, input, and perspectives on these posts
you will also be contributing to our sport's [sic] information "archives." :)
 
Last edited:
On the bumper of my truck is a pooldawg sticker. I got it for free. That is the only "badge" that proclaims my interest in billiards (to and for myself and the general public).

There needs to be a de facto pool org in the U.S.

I'm thinking that no such organization exists because the promoters of our sport haven't been able to figure out how they can turn such an endeavor into a cash cow.

And, there are so many billiard factions in existence and none of them want to concede parity with another by joining forces. Sad.

Shoot safe.

John
 
Back
Top