U.S. Open-Toasty

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the chaos involved in this major tournament and trying to follow players we like it's easy for players to slip through the cracks so to say. As an American (and a regular at drexeline where Corey basically learned to play pool) I'm happy to see the old dog doing good and going strong still on the winners side with only 8 remaining. Also I'm obviously routing for young gun Billy Thorpe and am very impressed with his improvements as far as upper eschelon tournament results are concerned.

But this thread is about the one of the nicest,most genuine, hardest working man in pool...Thorstan Holman. It's great to see him still on the winners side and even tho he's one of those terrible europes lol I gotta admit I'll always route for Thorstan and mainly it's because he's such an ambassador for the game and simply an overall good guy.

Last but not least I wanna wish the rest of the Americans good luck!!! Sky,Shane,Bergman, Earl, Morris, and Schmidt!!!! I honestly feel like this year the US has had a decent showing up til this point and in this field any win should be applauded let alone making it to the final 40 of basically a tournament with the best players in the world.

Sorry to derail my own thread and I am happy for toasty especially after he didn't win his coveted straight pool events this year but I couldn't justify showing support for a player without supporting the Americans because even tho I like other players from around the world it would actually mean a lot to myself if an American could win this tournament and keep the title here in the states where it clearly belongs :)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... But this thread is about the one of the nicest,most genuine, hardest working man in pool...Thorstan Holman. It's great to see him still on the winners side and even tho he's one of those terrible europes lol I gotta admit I'll always route for Thorstan and mainly it's because he's such an ambassador for the game and simply an overall good guy. ...

He lost to Ko P-C late Thursday but plays de Luna on the left side Friday. So he'll finish 9th/12th at worst and 1st at best!