UK Open Diamond Table

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of Diamond table were they playing the UK Open on? It seemed to have different pockets from other Diamond tables. Did Diamond change their pockets lately?

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the Diamond table had those, for lack of a better term, the soft pockets. When balls went into these pockets you could hear them. The drop pockets seemed a lot harder, more like a different material.

Edit: Check out this video at the 7:35 mark. Shane makes the 8B and then the 9B. You can hear it hitting a hard surface. And it's not got a ball return which I assume means it's NOT a Diamond Smart table.

TrxR

It's the Diamond Pro Am that they put drop pockets in which is normally a ball return table. I believe the Professional has the soft type pockets.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't realize you could get a Diamond Pro-Am with drop pockets? At least that's what I was told a few years ago when I visited the Diamond factory.

Has that changed? Apparently it has. Or else I was misled. Or I misunderstood.

r/DCP

TrxR

I didn't realize you could get a Diamond Pro-Am with drop pockets? At least that's what I was told a few years ago when I visited the Diamond factory.

Has that changed? Apparently it has. Or else I was misled. Or I misunderstood.

r/DCP
I was told this was just something they did for matchroom and wasnt generally available to the public.