Uk To The Us!!!

snooks

could anyone help me out, does anyone know how val finnie and kelly fisher are doin over there?? I am an amateur ladies snooker player back here in the UK and always followed there progress. Any next competition dates would be very helpful too thanxs

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
snooks said:
could anyone help me out, does anyone know how val finnie and kelly fisher are doin over there?? I am an amateur ladies snooker player back here in the UK and always followed there progress. Any next competition dates would be very helpful too thanxs

orihginally written by Gremlin...
=============================

Author: "Gremlin" (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 03-03-04 19:08

Kelly Fisher played in her first Tournament on the WPBA Regional Chesapeake Area Tour at Rockville Maryland Feb. 21-22 2004.

It was her first 9-ball event on US Soil, most fans expected 5 time European Snooker Champion Kelly Fisher to win. Those fans appeared to be correct as Fisher ran undefeated to the hot-seat and waited for an opponent.

After winning 9 matches on the one-loss side, Miyuki Sakai (currently ranked #2 in Japan) would not be denied in the finals as she defeated Fisher 7-5, 7-5 in true double elimination to earn the tournament win.
Complete Payouts: 1st Miyuki Sukai $480, 2nd Kelly Fisher $345, 3rd Kathleen Lawless $240, 4th Ellie Chang $145, 5th/6th China Chien, Wendy Jans $90, 7th/8th Saeko Mori, Tiffany Nelson $75.

No excuses for Kelly Fisher but I would like to note:
Kelly Fisher and her road partner Val Finnie of (Scotland) On Friday the 20th of Feb. traveled 3,000 miles from England to Newark Airport. Then Traveled 180 miles to Rockville Maryland with Kimmy Shaw and Tiffany Nelson. Started the tournament at 9:00 AM Saturday with practice. They played with borrowed cues as they had no pool cues. I am sure Kelly and Val had a serious case of jet lag because they told me so. I will be attending the JPNEWT WPBA Regional Tournament in Sayreville NJ this weekend at Prime Time Billiards. The field will include Kelly Fisher, Val Finnie, Wendy Jans, Kimmy Shaw, Tiffany Nelson, the two Japanese ladies,
maybe even Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, Ga-Young Kim and Jeannie Seaver?

I would like everyone out there who supports women's sports to support the WPBA and the regional tour system of 11 tours to date. It is a very rewarding experience.

Cheers,

Gremlin

snooks

thats great thanx guys, and gremlin ill be sure to say to Leadbitter if i see him LOL. I just hope Val and kelly can have the fresh start they both needed think they took a lot of stick b4 they left here surrounding there personal lives and val's kids. Not that i condon the way they went about things but hey everyone to their own lets just hope it is a case of fresh place fresh start.

snooks

havent heard anything of Laura Evans for a while myself met her just the once and she was really lovely. Love the thought of the U.S and of 9- ball but wasnt much cope at snooker so ill leave the 9-ball to the pros lol. Would love to travel over tho watch the ladies in action may consider it. Proberly best not to know about the girls private lives i perhaps as most people over here do know a little to much and as much as people try not to im afraid sometimes it does affect your judgement and opinion. Im really rooting for kelly and i think she,ll go all the way. She was almost untouchable here and i think once she finds her feet it will be the exact same over there. I truly believe Alison should watch out theres a new Fisher in town!!!

snooks

Had a look at the website yesterday Gremlin was most impressed. Its lovely to have found somewhere and someone who can keep me updated with the stats. Nice to see the pictures of the girls again too. Will be sure to pass on details of this site to my fellow players. speak to you real soon, thanx for everything xx