US Amateur Champion & ACUI Champion?!

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZ's own Rayshooter22, Raymond Linares, won the US Amateur event last weekend with convincing wins over a number of returning champions as well as the defending champion Ryan Parks with scores of 7-1, 7-3, 7-2, 7-5, 7-5, 7-2, then 11-7 in the finals.
Brackets http://www.usamateurchampionship.com/coverage/2010/standings/men.htm
Coverage http://www.usamateurchampionship.com/coverage/2010/coverage.html

Raymond also won the ACUI Intercollegiate 9 Ball Championships in July. It didn't come easy- he had to come back from a first round loss to double-dip his opponent in the finals 8-6, 8-6. Talk about heart.

I wonder- has anyone been the title holder in BOTH amateur events at the same time?


Either way- congrats to this young champion.


Best,
Beau
 
Looks like David Rowell, who won that event 10 years ago, had quite a tournament. After losing his first match, he won 12 matches in a row (including three hill/hill's in a row) to get to the finals.
 
Quite a battle David put up working his way through the loser's side. Congrats to him.
 
Thanks everyone. I must've ran out of gas in the finals. I made 3 or 4 mistakes that cost me. Congrats to Raymond he played great on me.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I must've ran out of gas in the finals. I made 3 or 4 mistakes that cost me. Congrats to Raymond he played great on me.

Ah, Mr. Rowell, I presume. Congratulations on your fine play this year and, belatedly, on winning it 10 years ago! Are you still making cues? If so, will we be seeing any of them on this site?
 
Yes I'm still making cues and thank you for the kind words sir. I might put some on here just don't know when.
 
Back
Top