US Amateur Championship Qualifier at Zingales

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone play in the qualifier held at Zingales in Tallahassee last weekend?

Were the brackets full? I'm thinking about changing from Atlanta to Tallahassee next year. This would give my wife new scenery instead of sitting on a bar stool. She prefers not to drive in Atlanta.

The place looks great from pictures online. What are the pros and cons? How many 9' tables?

Thank you in advance.

Edited to change Tampa to Tallahassee.

Last edited:

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there. 61 players. About 4-5 strong shooters. 4 slots. Was run very well. Games back to back, but wish they put times to get something to eat. They wanted to get it all done in one day?! People/crowd was good until late.

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 23 9' tables in good condition aside from the spill marks. Rails played good, pockets weren't kicking balls out too often. Service was good, but didn't eat there.

Chops02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just played in the 3000 added tourney they ran at zingales not long ago. awesome room. while i haven't played in many, this was one of my favorite rooms i've been to. great layout (sportsbar area with lots of tvs separating the two table areas), great staff, and great equipment. the shopping center it's in turns a little sketchy at night (since there is a club two doors over) but what pool hall isn't in a slightly sketchy area? haha
all-in-all great experience at the tourney i played in, and i will make it a point to come back for any of their tournaments i can make it to.

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for replying. It sounds like a good room. I'm not looking for easier action, I'm looking for a change of pace. I AM the easy action.:smile:

So, Zingales completed the qualifier in one day or did they try to do it in one?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for replying. It sounds like a good room. I'm not looking for easier action, I'm looking for a change of pace. I AM the easy action.:smile:

So, Zingales completed the qualifier in one day or did they try to do it in one?

i may be wrong but i think memphis would be closer for you than tallahassee. we had 42 men and 12 women in our qualifier.

the men were split into 3 brackets so 3 qualified from here. it took 2 days . as far as i know it is always held at high pockets...know the last 3 were any way.