USBA 2012 Final Player Rankings - Class Champions

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every year the USBA tracks the results of players at every level - A, B & C. Players earn ranking points based on participation and results in USBA tournaments - tour events, sanctioned events, qualifiers and the nationals. The leaders in each level at the end of the year are crowned the Champion.

You can follow the progress throughout the year on the home page of the USBA, where you will find the top ten leaders each month. A complete report of every player and the tournaments that are used in calculating the ranking points are updated every month on the Rankings page under Tournaments.

We just published a great story on the 2012 Champions! Check out who the winners were this year and see where you or your favorite player ended up.

USBA Home Page

Article by Jim Shovak on the 2012 Champions

Explanation of Rankings and Past Champions
 
Nice to see Gilbert Najm in the TOP 10, He deserves it!

Rankings as of 12/31/2012

1.Pedro Piedrabuena
2.Hugo Patino
3.Mazin Shooni
4.Sonny Cho
5.Michael Kang
6.Miguel Torres
7.Jim Shovak
8.Luis Avila
9.Lupe Cruz
10.Gilbert Najm

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
So where does Mr3Cushion rank? I am sure he can still shoot very well... It would be great to see him in action again...... and I am serious....
 
So where does Mr3Cushion rank? I am sure he can still shoot very well... It would be great to see him in action again...... and I am serious....


Sight; unfortunately, due to my wife's illnesses, my availability to play in tournaments is almost nil!

Believe me, NO ONE likes to compete more than I, at anything I attempt!

Maybe soon my situation will change, and I can get back to doing what I love to do!

Regards;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Here's something to think about!

Proverb.gif

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
and have you ever won a National Championship Mr3Cushion???

Sightline; I'm glad to see you've taken a personal interest in my billiard career! In answer to your question, NO, I've NEVER won the US National Championship.

Let me give you a little history lesson on my billiard career.
From 1968-1981 I did not play in ANY tournaments in this country, I spent my ENTIRE time traveling the country GAMBLING at 3 cushion! There was NO money in the tournaments! BTW, I've won more money gambling than ANY other player EVER in this country!

From 1981-present, I've played in 5 US National tournaments, the reason for ONLY 5 is for the same reasons, NO money!

1982 - finished 10th
1983 - finished 6th
1984 - finished 5th
1985- 1991 did NOT play in Nationals
1992 - finished 2nd
1993 - finished 7th
1994 - present day have NOT played in Nationals


I hope this has answered some of the burning questions you've been wondering about regarding my history in billiards!

By your previous post I see that you feel I can compete at a high level again. Does this mean I can count on you for sponsorship, if and when I decide to return to tournament play? I await your answer with baited breath! ... And I am serious!

Regards;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Last edited:
Mr3cushion... You have so much knowledge of the game so im sure you can still compete at a very high level..
 
Mr3cushion... You have so much knowledge of the game so im sure you can still compete at a very high level..


You must of overlooked this portion of my answer!
By your previous post I see that you feel I can compete at a high level again. Does this mean I can count on you for sponsorship, if and when I decide to return to tournament play? I await your answer with baited breath! ... And I am serious!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Back
Top