VAL FINNEY and KELLY FISHER

SixSence

Richmond Boy'
Silver Member
One of my friends played in a tournament with them. It was the finale of the tiger planet 9ball tour a couple months ago at Bill and Billie's Cue Spot in MD. My friend played in the Women's division. We all knew Kelly Fisher was the best in the tournament by far. And what do you know, she drew Kelly the first round. She's just starting out on 9foots, and it was her second tournament ever, but she plays pretty decent given she came from bar boxes. Well, unsurprisingly she lost 0-7, but we got to talk with Kelly later about why it's so hard for her to catch up to allison and karen given the points spread. She has a great accent, and is extremely polite. What's even more ironic is that the very next round my friend played Val, and I didn't watch the match because I was playing on another table, but I kept up with the score from a distance. She had Val down 4-1 in a race to 5 in the loser's bracket, but them val came back and won. My friend has just about no tournament experience and although she shoots strong, she doesn't run out. I thought nothing of it, because I didn't know val was a good player until I found out she just turned pro not too long ago. But, is Val really that good of a player? I don't see how my friend could of even got to 4 against a pro when she's like a 5 in the APA. I know a race to 5 is short and allows a certain element of luck to play in, and Val may not of been playing her best, but still....

Brickman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SixSence said:
One of my friends played in a tournament with them. It was the finale of the tiger planet 9ball tour a couple months ago at Bill and Billie's Cue Spot in MD. My friend played in the Women's division. We all knew Kelly Fisher was the best in the tournament by far. And what do you know, she drew Kelly the first round. She's just starting out on 9foots, and it was her second tournament ever, but she plays pretty decent given she came from bar boxes. Well, unsurprisingly she lost 0-7, but we got to talk with Kelly later about why it's so hard for her to catch up to allison and karen given the points spread. She has a great accent, and is extremely polite. What's even more ironic is that the very next round my friend played Val, and I didn't watch the match because I was playing on another table, but I kept up with the score from a distance. She had Val down 4-1 in a race to 5 in the loser's bracket, but them val came back and won. My friend has just about no tournament experience and although she shoots strong, she doesn't run out. I thought nothing of it, because I didn't know val was a good player until I found out she just turned pro not too long ago. But, is Val really that good of a player? I don't see how my friend could of even got to 4 against a pro when she's like a 5 in the APA. I know a race to 5 is short and allows a certain element of luck to play in, and Val may not of been playing her best, but still....

YES she is that good of a player :D :D She isnt as consistent as Kelly is but when she gets focused....make no mistake she can turn it on.

This Past tourney , Val won it and Kelly finished 3rd.....the guy who Put Kelly in the losers bracket Val beat twice at 4-6 am, after starting the tourneys at 10 am the previous day ( Playing a Jacoby qualifier and this open tourney at the same time ) So YES she can Play, and with a Lil more consistency, she will be a very tough lady on the WPBA tour. You have to look at the fact also that, Val and Kelly are Sparring partners when they arent competing , so when it comes to practice they are never without strong competition to increase their games.

BOTH OF THESE LADIES HAVE ALOT OF FUTURE IN THIS SPORT :) :)

SixSence

Richmond Boy'
Silver Member
Brickman said:
YES she is that good of a player :D :D She isnt as consistent as Kelly is but when she gets focused....make no mistake she can turn it on.

This Past tourney , Val won it and Kelly finished 3rd.....the guy who Put Kelly in the losers bracket Val beat twice at 4-6 am, after starting the tourneys at 10 am the previous day ( Playing a Jacoby qualifier and this open tourney at the same time ) So YES she can Play, and with a Lil more consistency, she will be a very tough lady on the WPBA tour. You have to look at the fact also that, Val and Kelly are Sparring partners when they arent competing , so when it comes to practice they are never without strong competition to increase their games.

BOTH OF THESE LADIES HAVE ALOT OF FUTURE IN THIS SPORT :) :)

Wow, I'll have to let my friend know this. It will mean more to her now, and hopefully give her some confidence next time around.

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
I don't know about their relationship with FURY, but they are into their own venture with KwikFire.

Fred

FWIW, I just watched Kelly v. Karen Corr in Tourney of Champions semi-final and Mitch announced her more than once as Kelly "Quick-Fire" Fisher.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Wally,
She got that nick-name last year...but if you spell it Kwik-Fire, it is the same initials as her name. That is also the name of the new business venture she and Val recently started.
Steve

Wally in Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
Wally,
She got that nick-name last year...but if you spell it Kwik-Fire, it is the same initials as her name. That is also the name of the new business venture she and Val recently started.
Steve

Thanks Steve. I hope you are doing well.

I hope the KF gals do well. They seem like good gals, a bit young and wild but good hearted nonetheless.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooltchr said:
Wally,
Steve
IIRC, also involved in their new venture is Linda Pault, of Rt9 Designs.
Rt9 has been a vendor at the Super Billiards Expo for a number of years and that booth is always one of my first stops, as it is not far from the entrance. :D

Kelly and Val are in good company, with Linda.

jes_playin

Needs the 2 out
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of seeing these two ladies in action this past Saturday. They were special guests at our Local Team Championships (APA). People could challenge them to different things such as breaking,speed pool,race to 2,etc.

Both Kelly and Val were great. They joked around seemed like they had a geniunely great time.

Kelly offers lessons in a town not far from mine so I'm trying to find out how much the lessons are so I can take my game to the next level.

One more thing, both ladies ARE still sponsored by Fury.