Van Phan Billiards in Burlington, Vermont !!!

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi pool nuts,,,,,

Just got back from Burlington , Vermont on a wet but much enjoyed 4 day motorcycle run,,,,

We had a great time visiting this clean, safe and beautiful city,,,,,

The fall foilage was second to none,,,,,great restaurants, bars and shopping centrally located in the heart of downtown Burlington,,,,

We had the pleasure of playing and hanging out in nearby ''Van Phan's Billiards and sports''....

For those of you who don't know who ''Van Phan '' is,,,,here goes,,,,she's originally from Vietnam,,, now living in the U.S.A..... has played on ''The Tour'',,,up there with all the female greats....

Now she has taken over , what once was ''Burlington Billiards'',,,,a top notch professional room......it boasts 13 tables,,,,,10 "Gold Crowns'' and 3 ''Valley bar boxes'' as well as a full bar and private room for special occasions.......

She took over the place 6 months ago,,,,,,

When you're up in the area,,,,check it out,,,,,,like "Freddy The Beard '' would say,,,,,""you can thank me later""....actually,, i have to thank the AZ'er who told me about it,,,,,

,,,,,,,,Alan...........
 
Last edited:
I couldnt get those folks to bet that water is wet there.

INCLUDING THE OWNER mentioned.

Ken
 
Hi Alan,

Glad you found the place - it's a nice room and I believe that I met the owner as well, but I guess she wasn't quite the owner yet because it's been a few years since I have been up there.

Tara
 
Funny stuff about ''Van's place""....

Hi Alan,

Glad you found the place - it's a nice room and I believe that I met the owner as well, but I guess she wasn't quite the owner yet because it's been a few years since I have been up there.

Tara

First,,,,Kudos to the person that gave me the lead on it,,,,,I guess either "Firecracker"" or ''Ken for fun""...

I guess it was somewhat of a serious place as everyone i saw come thru the door had their own cue,,,,,

Due to all of us being on bikes, the last thing i wanted to take was a cue...if there was one major fault of this place,,,i never saw such warped house cues in my life,,,,,

I just donated 4 old ''Loria'' house cues to Cocobola Cowboy and i thought those were warped,, jeez,,,,,i played in alot of pool halls and bars ,,,,,but the cues at "van's"" were crap......the tip{s] were no greater thickness that your pinky finger nail,,,,,

I wonder why some room owner would go all out to take over a room,,,[ actually,,,she relocated the entire business to the building in the back at a cost of $80,000 } and have all lousy, warped cues as well as chalk that i would't even keep in my car ,,,,,,

But all in all,,,, a great place,,,,,very clean and the folks there are very friendly......

Just goes to show ya,,,,it's always good to have your own straight, playable cue with ya,,,,,,,,

Thanks again guys for the lead,,,,,,Alan,,,,,,,,,,
 
,

Due to all of us being on bikes, the last thing i wanted to take was a cue...if there was one major fault of this place,,,i never saw such warped house cues in my life,,,,,

I just donated 4 old ''Loria'' house cues to Cocobola Cowboy and i thought those were warped,, jeez,,,,,i played in alot of pool halls and bars ,,,,,but the cues at "van's"" were crap......the tip{s] were no greater thickness that your pinky finger nail,,,,,

I wonder why some room owner would go all out to take over a room,,,[ actually,,,she relocated the entire business to the building in the back at a cost of $80,000 } and have all lousy, warped cues as well as chalk that i would't even keep in my car ,,,,,,

Good question and she is a player herself and has a great room fulll of bad cues .
 
Back
Top