Victoria's Snooker Academy Sheffield

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Metro

Ronnie O'Sullivan tells young UK snooker players what to do 'if they want to make it' :​

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...they-want-to-make-it/ar-AAUvvuV?ocid=msedgntp :

Ronnie O’Sullivan has urged young British snooker players to join their Chinese rivals in one of Sheffield’s snooker academies as they are being left behind on the baize.

The Rocket saw first hand the development of Fan Zhengyi on Sunday as the 21-year-old stunned him in the final of the European Masters.

Fan’s success has come out of nowhere in terms of previous results, but he is part of Victoria’s Academy in Sheffield where he plays alongside the likes of Yan Bingtao and Zhao Xintong, who have also won big titles in recent months.

Both Victoria’s and the Ding Junhui Academy in Sheffield see a string of great players practicing long hours and, while there are mostly Chinese players there now, O’Sullivan has encouraged young British players to get involved if they want to keep up.

‘Its going to be like table tennis one day, all Chinese and Asian players in another 10 years,’ O’Sullivan told Eurosport of Chinese progress in snooker.

‘The way they’re set up in China with their academies, and they’ve got their academies in Sheffield and they’re just there all the time.

‘You look around at where the British players are and they haven’t got the set-ups. They just go [to the academies] for the odd few days, can you really get that much out of a few days.

‘You’ve got to do like what Ken Doherty done when he came to the UK [from Ireland], he planted himself in Ilford, knew he had to be around the best amateurs playing week-in-week-out.

‘I always say to a young kid that if they want to make it, go and play in one of the Sheffield academies and you’re right amongst it, top quality opposition around you all day.

‘I think that’s how you develop as a player, being around better players and people that you can learn from.’

Zhao and Yan are now firmly inside the world’s top 16, while Fan leapt from number 80 in the world to #31 with his incredible European Masters triumph.

Zhou Yuelong, Liang Wenbo and Ding Junhui are the only other Chinese players in the top 32, so the Chinese takeover is not here just yet, but O’Sullivan reckons it is coming.

19-year-old Si Jiahui could be the next to make strides up the world rankings after securing his place on the professional tour by winning the WSF Open at the weekend.

The teenager is also resident at Victoria’s Academy and has been on tour already, but famously beat Shaun Murphy as an amateur at the UK Championship this season.

He will be back on tour and full of confidence next season, looking to replicate the success of his pals Zhao, Yan and Fan.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Skybet Ante Post bets have been launched :

£2.00​

(2x £1.00)​

EW Single​

@ 22/1​

Cash Out is unavailable on this bet.Find out more
Potential Returns: £35.00
re-use.svg
Re-use selections

Sunday 1st May 2022

Sun 10:00

Yan Bingtao @ 22/1​

Tournament Outright Winner
World Championship 2022

£2.00​

(2x £1.00)​

EW Single​

@ 66/1​

Potential Returns: £101.00
re-use.svg
Re-use selections

Sunday 1st May 2022

Zhao Xintong @ 66/1​

World Championship 2022

£2.00​

(2x £1.00)​

EW Single​

@ 150/1​

Potential Returns: £227.00
re-use.svg
Re-use selections

Sunday 1st May 2022

Fan Zhengyi @ 150/1​

World Championship 2022

Three little tiddler E/W bets launched against Skybet so far but who knows what happens if President Putin carry's out his threat to launch his nuke's , Da' Bookie can pay me out in heven or hell , hell probably ! ;):ROFLMAO:(y)

Last edited:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

'HE’S THE SPECIAL ONE' - RONNIE O’SULLIVAN WORKING WITH ZHAO XINTONG AND WILL GIVE HIM 'UNLIMITED TIME'​

Zhao Xintong has had a breakthrough campaign with tournament wins at the UK Championship and German Masters. Despite his success, many feel the 24-year-old is only scratching the surface of his potential and six-time world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan has revealed that he has been working with Zhao on aspects of game. :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Victoria's Snooker Academy- Sheffield​

https://www.facebook.com/Victorias-Snooker-Academy-Sheffield-1713041435604119 :

Ahead of The Cheltenham Festival horse racing I thought I best back another of Victoria's Snooker stable stars and go for the flush and bet all five stable stars because as John Virgo would say you just never know .

£2.00​

(2x £1.00)​

EW Single​

@ 500/1​

Potential Returns: £752.00
re-use.svg
Re-use selections

Sunday 1st May 2022

Si Jiahui @ 500/1​

World Championship 2022

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yan Bingtao was the last man from Victoria's Snooker Academy in my bet's at The Crucible and maybe his match V Mark Selby played a part as he just came up short against Mark Williams .

The players from Victoria's Academy had a fantastic season and are worth keeping an eye on in the future .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Victoria Snooker used to post regular to Facebook , pictures and stories of young Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao but not so much recently and I've bet both E/W in the past for the World's young Zhao was backed down from something like 150/1 into 12/1 but of course neither won but I thought something special was happening at Victoria's Snooker Academy in Sheffield , must be the atmosphere that attracts the talent , I wasn't thinking match fixing . Scrolling Facebook comments earlier a comment was now we know the reason why Zhao Xingtong beat Yan Bingtao 9-0 in the German Masters :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WPBSA STATEMENT | 18 JANUARY 2023 :​

https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-statement-18-january-2023/

Following a detailed investigation by the WPBSA Integrity Unit, working closely with Sportradar, the WPBSA has decided that ten snooker players have a case to answer in respect of the following alleged breaches of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations.

Liang Wenbo
has been charged with being concerned in fixing matches and approaching players to fix matches on the World Snooker Tour, seeking to obstruct the investigation and failing to cooperate with the WPBSA investigation.

Li Hang has been charged with being concerned in fixing matches and approaching players to fix matches on the World Snooker Tour, seeking to obstruct the investigation and betting on snooker matches.

Lu Ning has been charged with fixing a match and being concerned in fixing matches and approaching a player to fix a match on the World Snooker Tour, seeking to obstruct the investigation and betting on snooker matches.

Yan Bingtao has been charged with fixing matches on the World Snooker Tour and betting on snooker.

Zhao Xintong has been charged with being concerned in fixing matches on the World Snooker Tour and betting on snooker.

Zhang Jiankang has been charged with fixing a match on the World Snooker Tour, failing to report approaches for him to fix matches and betting on snooker matches.

Chen Zifan has been charged with fixing matches on the World Snooker Tour.

Chang Bingyu and Zhao Jianbo have each been charged with fixing a match on the World Snooker Tour

Bai Langning has been charged with being concerned in fixing a match on the World Snooker Tour.

The players are currently suspended from attending and competing on the World Snooker Tour and in other WPBSA governed events until the conclusion of the hearing or hearings and the determination of this matter.

This matter will be referred to a formal hearing before an Independent Disciplinary Tribunal that will take place at a venue and on a date to be confirmed.

THE WPBSA Conduct Regulations

Part 1 WPBSA Conduct Regulations – Betting Rules

1. 2. Betting and Corruption Misconduct
2.1. It shall be a breach of these Rules for a Member to do any of the following:

2.1.1. Betting:

2.1.1.1. to place, accept, lay or otherwise make a Bet with any other person in relation to the result, score, progress, conduct or any other aspect of the Tour and/or any Tournament or Match in events sanctioned by the WPBSA or its affiliates

2.1.2. Corruption:

2.1.2.1. to fix or contrive, or to be a party to any effort to fix or contrive, the, score, progress, conduct or any other aspect of the Tour and/or any Tournament or Match

2.1.2.4. to solicit, induce, entice, persuade, encourage or facilitate any Member to breach any of the foregoing provisions of this paragraph 2.1.2.

2.1.4.1. to engage in any other conduct (ie beyond that specified in paragraph 2.1) that is corrupt or fraudulent, or creates an actual or apparent conflict of interest for the Member, or otherwise risks impairing public confidence in the integrity and/or the honest and orderly conduct of the Tour and/or any Tournament or Match

2.1.5. Attempt or complicity:

2.1.5.1. to attempt to act, or to agree with any other person (whether or not also a Member) to act, or to intentionally give the impression to any other person that the Member is attempting or agreeing to act in breach of these Rules

Part 1 WPBSA Conduct Regulations

4.2. Any Member becoming aware of an Approach (as defined in clause 4.1 above) being made to another individual shall report such Approach to the WPBSA (via either the Company Secretary, a Tournament Official or the Anti-Corruption Hotline) as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 24 hours of becoming aware of such Approach.

4.4 Each Member shall co-operate with the WPBSA in any investigation carried out by the WPBSA under the provisions of these Rules including (but not limited to):

4.4.1. providing a written statement setting out in detail all of the facts and circumstances with respect to any alleged breach 4.4.2. attending to answer questions and provide such information at a time and place determined by the WPBSA 4.4.3. providing to the WPBSA upon its request any documents, information or any other material of any nature whatsoever held by the Member and

4.4.4. procuring and providing to the WPBSA upon its request any documents, information or any other material of any nature whatsoever not held by the Member which the Member has the power to obtain and

4.4.5. providing the WPBSA with access to all records relating to the alleged breach. This includes, but is not limited to; betting accounts, bank records, telephone records, internet service records, social media accounts, email and other records stored on phones, tablets, electronic devices, computer

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying every player on the list is playing out of Victoria's Snooker in Sheffield but I'm saying I'm as shocked , stunned and baffled as to how Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao go their names involved in this but it makes you wonder . a scandal indeed but nothing has been proved .

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

‘I thought I knew everything about them’ – Victoria Shi on the match-fixing suspensions of her academy stars :​

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/14/vict...s-of-young-and-stupid-academy-stars-18610772/

I very much doubt if I phoned up Da' Bookie and asked for a refund of my stake money I'd get a refund on every time I placed a bet on these players but how did Victoria not know ?

ding's academy is on the other hand (so far) free from scandals and with a lot of promising talent. noppon saengkham and fan still in the tournament but pang and yizu also had a good showing considering their youth.