Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots V

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've been waiting for this video for a long time.

Dr. Dave and Tom Ross did another fine job of providing COMPREHENSIVE, yet DETAILED video and CONCISE yet CLEAR communication about what is happening and how it is happening.

This particular video is STACKED with difficult shots that are difficult only if you don't know them and haven't practiced them. I did not know the best way to make some of the shots and was impressed with Tom's skills and Dave's knowledge.

Like all of the preceding VEPS videos, this video provides an enormous amount of content. Dr. Dave and Tom Ross really did an excellent job on this video. I haven't even finished reviewing the entire video and had to give a TWO THUMBS UP for this video.

The jump shots and the masse shots are AWESOME.

If you like pool and want the SHORT CUT to learning how they make those unique shots, VEPS V is the video to have.

If you master the shots like Tom has, your peers will think you went to the State University of Pool.

Dr. Dave has some real nasty "SECRETS" of rigging the rack. :D

With all seriousness, even if you play well, this is a MUST HAVE VIDEO. I can predict with ABSOLUTE certainty that there is something TO LEARN for EVERY PLAYER at EVERY LEVEL.


JoeyA
 
I've been waiting for this video for a long time.

Dr. Dave and Tom Ross did another fine job of providing COMPREHENSIVE, yet DETAILED video and CONCISE yet CLEAR communication about what is happening and how it is happening.
Thanks Joey! I appreciate your kind and flattering review, especially given some of the "differences of opinion" we had recently in some of the CTE threads.

This particular video is STACKED with difficult shots that are difficult only if you don't know them and haven't practiced them. I did not know the best way to make some of the shots and was impressed with Tom's skills and Dave's knowledge.
Hey ... I made some of the shots too!!! :grin: And Tom contributed quite a lot of knowledge also. :o

Like all of the preceding VEPS videos, this video provides an enormous amount of content. Dr. Dave and Tom Ross really did an excellent job on this video. I haven't even finished reviewing the entire video and had to give a TWO THUMBS UP for this video.

The jump shots and the masse shots are AWESOME.

If you like pool and want the SHORT CUT to learning how they make those unique shots, VEPS V is the video to have.

If you master the shots like Tom has, your peers will think you went to the State University of Pool.
We were a little concerned that some people would be turned off by Disc V because or how fancy and difficult many of the shots are. But based on e-mails I've received so far, many people like Disc V even more than the others. I guess different people like different things.

Dr. Dave has some real nasty "SECRETS" of rigging the rack. :D
I don't consider the principles we show as "rigging" the rack. To me, an example of rack "rigging" is deliberately creating gaps between selected balls in the rack to help you pocket certain balls (e.g., the 1-ball, wing ball, or 9-ball). We didn't include "rigging" tricks like this. However, we do think it is important and useful to know the "secrets" concerning where certain balls tend to go with a proper (non "rigged") rack. Although, I can see how some people might think placing balls in certain positions in the rack might be considered "rigging." I guess "rigging" is a "gray area." :o

With all seriousness, even if you play well, this is a MUST HAVE VIDEO. I can predict with ABSOLUTE certainty that there is something TO LEARN for EVERY PLAYER at EVERY LEVEL.
Thanks again Joey.

Tom and I appreciate your support and kind words.

Regards,
Dave
 
Veps v

Thanks Joey! I appreciate your kind and flattering review, especially given some of the "differences of opinion" we had recently in some of the CTE threads.

Hey ... I made some of the shots too!!! :grin: And Tom contributed quite a lot of knowledge also. :o

We were a little concerned that some people would be turned off by Disc V because or how fancy and difficult many of the shots are. But based on e-mails I've received so far, many people like Disc V even more than the others. I guess different people like different things.

I don't consider the principles we show as "rigging" the rack. To me, an example of rack "rigging" is deliberately creating gaps between selected balls in the rack to help you pocket certain balls (e.g., the 1-ball, wing ball, or 9-ball). We didn't include "rigging" tricks like this. However, we do think it is important and useful to know the "secrets" concerning where certain balls tend to go with a proper (non "rigged") rack. Although, I can see how some people might think placing balls in certain positions in the rack might be considered "rigging." I guess "rigging" is a "gray area." :o

Thanks again Joey.

Tom and I appreciate your support and kind words.

Regards,
Dave

It is easy for me to recognize a job well done from one that should have been just left alone for the betterment of the forum.

The work that you and Tom did on this video and the rest of the videos as well, is exceptional and something that every aspiring player should have in their library.

"Rigging" is more exciting and sinister to "placing the object balls in certain positions". Everyone wants an edge. Unfortunately, most tournament rules allow for the placement of only certain balls and only in certain positions. Your different configurations make sense and I will be paying more attention to my opponent breaking and running.

Those who want to improve their game and educate themselves as to what is "really" happening on the table would do themselves a big favor by purchasing your videos.

VEPS 5, so far, holds the greatest attraction for me because of the mulititude of unique and special shots that are detailed in the video.

JoeyA
 
Does anybody dislike Disc V?

It is easy for me to recognize a job well done from one that should have been just left alone for the betterment of the forum.
The points you made in the CTE thread were well taken. I've tried to be a "good boy" (or at least "better") since then. :sorry:

The work that you and Tom did on this video and the rest of the videos as well, is exceptional and something that every aspiring player should have in their library.

"Rigging" is more exciting and sinister to "placing the object balls in certain positions". Everyone wants an edge. Unfortunately, most tournament rules allow for the placement of only certain balls and only in certain positions. Your different configurations make sense and I will be paying more attention to my opponent breaking and running.

Those who want to improve their game and educate themselves as to what is "really" happening on the table would do themselves a big favor by purchasing your videos.
Joey, thanks again for your kind words.

VEPS 5, so far, holds the greatest attraction for me because of the mulititude of unique and special shots that are detailed in the video.
Tom and I are still curious to hear what others think about Disc V. Anybody else watched the DVD yet?

Thanks,
Dave
 
Man, the mail is slow! Still not here. :)
You should have received it by now. Please e-mail or PM me your order info (or at least your name and mailing address) and I will look into it.

Dave
 
Too Many Secrets Revealed

JoeyA, I could not agree with you more the whole series is one of the best references ever put out about pool. Dr. Dave and Tom are a great team and I am going to miss looking for a new disk in the mail every month. Now I do have one complaint....I was at Classic Billiards in Conyers Georgia just hitting some ball around because that is the only place where I can play on Diamond tables and I was hitting my banks pretty good when Wade Crane and Mike Danner walk in. Now I know Wade from a few years back but I did not know Mike, so Mike is showing me how to do all the trick shots and old hustler tricks (some legal some not). and Wade is showing me some One Pocket banks and I am just eating this stuff up and can't wait to use this stuff on my next One Pocket victim. When I get home my VEPS disk is in the mail box so I pop it into the DVD player and I be damn if some of same stuff I just learned 3 hours ago Dr. Dave and Tom have just told the entire world about, man what a bummer. Dr. Dave and Tom give away way to many secrets.

Fantasic Job guys Thank you so much!!! Best money I ever spent.
 
The entire series is on my wishlist, and has been for a while; but it seems whenever I feel like buying something pool-related, I end up with a new shirt. :/
 
Thanks a bunch. That's a cute story.

Regards,
Dave

JoeyA, I could not agree with you more the whole series is one of the best references ever put out about pool. Dr. Dave and Tom are a great team and I am going to miss looking for a new disk in the mail every month. Now I do have one complaint....I was at Classic Billiards in Conyers Georgia just hitting some ball around because that is the only place where I can play on Diamond tables and I was hitting my banks pretty good when Wade Crane and Mike Danner walk in. Now I know Wade from a few years back but I did not know Mike, so Mike is showing me how to do all the trick shots and old hustler tricks (some legal some not). and Wade is showing me some One Pocket banks and I am just eating this stuff up and can't wait to use this stuff on my next One Pocket victim. When I get home my VEPS disk is in the mail box so I pop it into the DVD player and I be damn if some of same stuff I just learned 3 hours ago Dr. Dave and Tom have just told the entire world about, man what a bummer. Dr. Dave and Tom give away way to many secrets.

Fantasic Job guys Thank you so much!!! Best money I ever spent.
 
The entire series is on my wishlist, and has been for a while; but it seems whenever I feel like buying something pool-related, I end up with a new shirt. :/
You must be shopping on the wrong website. :o

I bet those shirts don't work too well in the DVD player, do they? :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave
 
Back
Top