Viking cue extension

SpotOn

Registered
Does anyone know if any of the other cue manufacturers use the same cue butt thread as for their weight bolts as Viking does which is 1/2" x 13. I want to get a butt extension like the one OB makes to extend the back of my cue butt I don't want a mid cue extension like Viking offers.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know if any of the other cue manufacturers use the same cue butt thread as for their weight bolts as Viking does which is 1/2" x 13. I want to get a butt extension like the one OB makes to extend the back of my cue butt I don't want a mid cue extension like Viking offers.

Joss cues uses the same size bolt but I do not know if they offer an extension. An alternative would be, have it fitted for a Predator extension.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. Do you know if the rubber bumper stays in place or does it get removed to use the extension?

You have to remove the bumper.

But if you want to keep the bumper, you can re thread the butt and use a Mezz X bumper and Mezz extension.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to remove the bumper.

But if you want to keep the bumper, you can re thread the butt and use a Mezz X bumper and Mezz extension.

Thank you again. This is what I discovered on my own extension which uses a 3/8x16. The constant on and off stripped the threads so now I install a phenolic insert into the butt. I grind a hole thru the bumber and glue it in so it's there all the time and doesn't get lost.