Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it very much, wished it was longer...
Shortly after he moved to So Cal he spent a weekend managing a room I was working in while the owner was in Las Vegas. I think he was considering taking the room over as the owner ended up selling it to someone else within a year or so of that weekend.
Lou was a kind, professional man and treated all of the locals (and me) very respectfully.
At the time I had a lowered 55 Chevy with a straight 6 cylinder engine, split manifold, glass pack mufflers and one of those 10" or 12" steering wheels. He borrowed it one of the days he was there to check back home and I remember him driving off into the sunset and how he laughed about the car when he came back.
I sometimes wish I would have stuck with the game a little longer, or come back sooner, and spent a few minutes with him before he passed. I'm sure he wouldn't remember that but he left an impression on me that makes me smile the way he smiled.
RIP Lou, best to Sal and the rest of the Butera family.
Tony C