VNEA head referee Frank Frye R.I.P.

daytonajoe

Deceased
I was told last night of the untimely passing of one of the nicest people I have met in pool. Frank Frye was the head referee for the VNEA system. All I could find on line was the following from the a newspaper

Frank Frye

The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Aug. 25, at Potter Funeral Chapel in Emmett, Idaho, for Frank Frye of Emmett, formerly of Lane County, who died Aug. 20 of a heart attack at age 63. Burial will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Idaho State Veterans Cemetery in Boise. Visitation will be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. today, Aug. 24, at the funeral home.

He was born Feb. 23, 1943, in Glendale, Calif. He married Beverly Brobeck in 1963 in Reno, Nev.

Survivors include his wife; a son, G. Steve Frye of Colorado Springs, Colo.; two daughters, Lisa Frye of Pocatello, Idaho, and Carrie Sprague of Boise; and three grandchildren


God Speed Frank, you will be missed!!!
 
R.i.p.

Frank Frye was part of the Oregon VNEA in late 80's early 90's. He refereed the VNEA State Tournament before becoming National head referee. He was well respected here in Oregon before he moved on. A very nice polite man treated the calls with diligences.

Drew
 
Back
Top