VNEA Vegas tourney

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got back last night, and wanted to post a few things about my trip.

First off, I played pretty well, and finished 13th in the Masters 9 ball, and 4th in the Masters 8 ball. My team placed in 8th in the Intermediate bracket. We made it to the redraw thru the losers side and got a fresh start. Drew Glenn Atwell's team and was winning by 35 balls at one point. They made a nice comeback on us and eventually won the Title. The team who beat us early on, finished in 4th place and the team from Indianapolis who knocked us out finished 3rd.
Congrats to my friends from Indy after a fine finish. They had some tight matches and pulled them out at the end. Tony Blankenship, Bruce Throckmorton, Kevin Wampner, Ron Gibson, and Jim Stoner. You're all Champions in my book.

The girls team from Ft Wayne, In. played some great pool and finished a very respectable 4th place. Congratulations to them as well.

As for the new Green's fee idea at the Vegas tourney. It worked out pretty well from my point of view. I got more practice time than I would have if it were still a dollar a game. I guess last year it was a $1.25 a game. I personally think thats rediculous. I know they have overhead and need to make a profit, but find another way than raising the tables. I also think that $35 per event is a little much, especially if a person is playing in all 3 events. They should do a discounted rate for the multiple entry people.

All in all, I had a great trip. Spent some time with my best friends, and visited with some friends I see once or twice a year. Drank some beer and played some pool. Came home about even after all expenses. It just don't get much better than that.

I almost forgot, Congratulations to Jason Kirkwood for winning the Masters 8 and 9 Ball events. Great Shooting!!!!!!!

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost forgot, Congratulations to Jason Kirkwood for winning the Masters 8 and 9 Ball events. Great Shooting!!!!!!!

congratulations to you for your performance.I was there at VNEA on and off.
Jason K plays too sloooooow for me.few times I walked away from his matches.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
congratulations to you for your performance.I was there at VNEA on and off.
Jason K plays too sloooooow for me.few times I walked away from his matches.

Wow. Since when does Jason play slow? He must have developed a new rhythm. Every time I've played him in the past, win or lose, it was like he was late for an appointment.:)

Congrats Sam on some great shooting.:thumbup: The wife said you had a good run going in the 8 ball.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you

Wow. Since when does Jason play slow? He must have developed a new rhythm. Every time I've played him in the past, win or lose, it was like he was late for an appointment.:)

Congrats Sam on some great shooting.:thumbup: The wife said you had a good run going in the 8 ball.

Daniell???? If that's your wife's name, $ Bill was just asking me if you were out there.. And she must have played pretty well too.

I really didn't feel like I played good, except maybe 2 matches. In Efren's words, "I got lucky". But I made some good shots at some critical points.

As for Jason playing slow, he played a little slow at times. But no where near as slow as 2 of the Canadian guys I played. The guy who got 2nd, beat me twice. The 2nd time, I was a little frustrated about it, but wouldn't call the ref. I told my friends he was putting me to sleep, since I had been playing back to back matches for naerly 11 hours.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah it's true I don't know what was up and it obviously worked for him because he won both the 8 and the 9 ball Master's, no easy feat, but it was a little painful to watch at times. If you go to the VNEA site you can check out the stream of the finals.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Satman: That's a good Tournament for anyone, congratulations. Our team hit two brick walls and went back to Dallas early. See you next year....SPF=randyg