Volcano's Tournaments

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
This place is getting busier every week, and the fields are getting tougher! 3 events each week now.

Friday: Scotch Doubles 8 ball
Saturday: 8 ball singles
Sunday: 8 ball singles
First Sunday of each month: 9 ball singles.

All tournaments are double elimination & cost $10 per player.

There are also 8 ball, 14.1 & One Pocket leagues.

Volcano's Sports Bar & Grill
129 E. Harwood Rd.
Hurst, TX 76054
(817) 498-0990

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
chilli66 said:
This place is getting busier every week, and the fields are getting tougher! 3 events each week now.

Friday: Scotch Doubles 8 ball
Saturday: 8 ball singles
Sunday: 8 ball singles
First Sunday of each month: 9 ball singles.

All tournaments are double elimination & cost $10 per player.

There are also 8 ball, 14.1 & One Pocket leagues.

Volcano's Sports Bar & Grill
129 E. Harwood Rd.
Hurst, TX 76054
(817) 498-0990

I keep hearing about these tournaments at Volcano's... I need to get there some day. I can't wait for the next season of the 14.1 league so I can try and get in!

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
Question on Scotch Tourney

Is the format for the scotch doubles blind draw or do you bring your own partner? The entry is $20 per team, right?

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
You bring your own partner for the doubles. If you're looking for a partner you can generally find one easily enough. Yep, $20 per team. The week I played people were signing up around 7pm or so & it got started about 8ish. I don't know if they're still running around that time, Samiel will have a better idea of that than me as he played last Friday.

Hope that helps!:)

Father Daddy

I need the seven
I Played Sunday Night

I'm tellin ya this is a good tournament

tables are clean and fast

food is good and the people are friendly

drinks are as stiff as the action before, during and after the tournament

TxOnePocket

i'm ur huckleberry
Silver Member
lol didnt see any action, I was their friday night till close. Fun little tourney though, pretty strong field.

Father Daddy

I need the seven
as I said "I played there Sunday night"

if you could'nt find the action Sunday night you are BLIND at best

or maybe you are just way, way, way better than I am and just don't see the action in the games that were there.

for me at least the action was plentiful

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
That must explain it... I was there Friday night and not Sunday night...

Also, I guess it depends on what you mean by Action... last Friday I was in Action, but the stakes were relatively cheap...

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
For anyone interested in the Saturday & Sunday tournies, these start at 7pm. There were a few disappointed folks tonight who got there a little late, apparently thinking it was 7:30. I don't know where they got that from.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Ouchers! I had chances in both my lost matches... 2-0 to lead to 2-3! I guess I need to work on closings! At least Friday fared better with a 2nd place finish!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Well, you got further than I did! I had my chances but didn't make the best of them. I'll just have to settle for playing well in league the next 2 nights!!!

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Sunday Night 9ball

Just a reminder that this Sunday (10/07) will be the monthly 9ball tournament at Volcano's.

chilli66

the chilli is back!
Silver Member
Melinda said:
i keep hearing about volcanoes from many of my friends... i need to stop by some night.

You really should. The tournies are competetive & it's a good crowd that gets in there. Good players & good people.

Just wish I could make it tomorrow.