Hi, I would just like to share my experience to my fellow members, September last year Alan and Dindo, 2 former employee of Edwin Reyes tried to sell me according to them an "Edwin Reyes" Cue stick. The said cue stick was a shadow type one with amboyna forearm. Spliced laminated handle, 3/8x10 thread. Plastic points. The cue was unfinished but with clear coat that looks fresh and uneven. It didn't had a wrap (you can see it at the first photo from right) and it didn't had a rubber bumper.
The photos presented were taken at Munoz near Alan's house. It was at a sari sari store surprisingly was owned by a security guard of starpaper corp. I frequent his area last year as Dindo and I had some previous deals. I didn't have any problems with them, except for bad after sales service. "Money paid forget the trade attitude"
Alan would bring the cues or other stuff that I asked to be made with him during weekends or every time he will go home as he was near my place. Dindo usually stays at Alabang during weekends where they worked.
This was the last time I went to his area. According to Alan, the cue was given by ER to Dindo early year 2000 plus , and the cue was so beat up that he needed to refinish it and change the wrap.
At first I was interested with the cue as it was beautiful, but then I noticed some things at the cue. As far as I know Edwin, he wouldn't make a shadow series cue with plastic inlays point, he would prefer to use ivory. Using plastic inlays will just lower the value of the the cue.
I had the gut feel that the signature was fake too. I do have an original ER and know his signature. Other thing was the rubber bumper. According to him they threw it away since it was already beat up. Frankly after seeing those I asked Alan if the signature was original and he said yes. I still gave them the benefit of a doubt. I asked the price and he just told me to asked Dindo about it. With no said price I took photos of the cue and got home.
After a few days, Dindo and I exchanged text messages. He gave me a price of 40k (more or less 850 usd), I didn't bite. Luckily, I didn't have the money at that time and followed my gut feel that it could be fake. According to his text messages which I still saved at my PC a Japanese would buy it from him, after a few days he lowered his price to 30k. Still didn't bite.
End of deal.
I still texted him from time to time to follow up about something he borrowed from me.
Now......these past few weeks apparently their boss Patrick Navarro posted a cue made by Dindo Perez with Patrick Navarro signature.
Link: http://forum.bilyar.net/viewtopic.php?t=5197
If you read one of his post, he actually said that the cue was being wrapped. Hmmm..I also noticed that it doesn't have any rubber bumper on it. And oh..it looks soooooooo familiar....hmmmmnn
I wasn't quite sure if they were the same. hmmmnnn... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Were I almost got screwed? hmmmmmm...hahahahah
You be the judge guys. If your eyes are clear you will see something. Focus on the grains and spots of the wood. Woods don't lie. Compare it to his first photo..If somehow his pictures got deleted then we know the answer.

God bless..
The photos presented were taken at Munoz near Alan's house. It was at a sari sari store surprisingly was owned by a security guard of starpaper corp. I frequent his area last year as Dindo and I had some previous deals. I didn't have any problems with them, except for bad after sales service. "Money paid forget the trade attitude"
Alan would bring the cues or other stuff that I asked to be made with him during weekends or every time he will go home as he was near my place. Dindo usually stays at Alabang during weekends where they worked.
This was the last time I went to his area. According to Alan, the cue was given by ER to Dindo early year 2000 plus , and the cue was so beat up that he needed to refinish it and change the wrap.
At first I was interested with the cue as it was beautiful, but then I noticed some things at the cue. As far as I know Edwin, he wouldn't make a shadow series cue with plastic inlays point, he would prefer to use ivory. Using plastic inlays will just lower the value of the the cue.
I had the gut feel that the signature was fake too. I do have an original ER and know his signature. Other thing was the rubber bumper. According to him they threw it away since it was already beat up. Frankly after seeing those I asked Alan if the signature was original and he said yes. I still gave them the benefit of a doubt. I asked the price and he just told me to asked Dindo about it. With no said price I took photos of the cue and got home.
After a few days, Dindo and I exchanged text messages. He gave me a price of 40k (more or less 850 usd), I didn't bite. Luckily, I didn't have the money at that time and followed my gut feel that it could be fake. According to his text messages which I still saved at my PC a Japanese would buy it from him, after a few days he lowered his price to 30k. Still didn't bite.
End of deal.
I still texted him from time to time to follow up about something he borrowed from me.
Now......these past few weeks apparently their boss Patrick Navarro posted a cue made by Dindo Perez with Patrick Navarro signature.
Link: http://forum.bilyar.net/viewtopic.php?t=5197
If you read one of his post, he actually said that the cue was being wrapped. Hmmm..I also noticed that it doesn't have any rubber bumper on it. And oh..it looks soooooooo familiar....hmmmmnn
I wasn't quite sure if they were the same. hmmmnnn... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Were I almost got screwed? hmmmmmm...hahahahah
You be the judge guys. If your eyes are clear you will see something. Focus on the grains and spots of the wood. Woods don't lie. Compare it to his first photo..If somehow his pictures got deleted then we know the answer.

God bless..