Waiting for cash...and eying cues LOL!!!

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
This forum absolutely kills me... So many beautiful cues for sale, and at very good prices too. I was lurking here for a few weeks before joining, eye balling the FS threads...and after finally getting some cash flow coming in, I've got a few cues on my mind LOL...
I've already contacted one cue maker for a custom, and plan on picking up another once the funds arrive...the bug has bit hard...

Anyone else got a little dough coming and eyeballing a couple of cues? It's funny...I've subscribed to each cue I'm interested in and follow them daily waiting for the mailman LOL...:grin:

It's killing me LOL...
 
I hear ya. In between buys when I am saving up, it kills to see some of the cues come through here that do.

My best advise is to take your time. Don't jump on something to soon, before you know it something else will come by and catch your eye. Good luck in your search though its addictive!
 
I just spent money I should probably be saving to put down a deposit on a custom as well. The bug gets to be expensive fast! If I had the money I'd be scooping up no less than a dozen cues for sale in this forum right now.
 
It's all worth it to save and buy custom's If thats wht you want and you can afford it. Some cant afford to go this route but thats fine to just buy what best fits your needs in a cue, it's all in what you want in a cue it doesnt matter what others have as long as your satisfied. I used to own alot of cues but then I went the custom route. Now after seeing the cue's up close and realizing how much work it goes into cue makeing it's well worth the extra money to pay out rather then buying a production cue that you lost money on as soon as you bought the cue. The custom cue bug hits hard when it hits but it's worth it in the end. I know Im glad thats all I even know you say your done now or gonna slow down;) Yea Right !!There are alot of talented builders right here on AZ BILLIARDS and their prices are reasonable to. But there are alot of good deals on used cues on here to so grab them up while they last cause the markets down and the time to buy is now if you can afford it so we should keep our money here on AZ instead of some where else <<ED
 
Last edited:
My best advise is to take your time. Don't jump on something to soon, before you know it something else will come by and catch your eye. Good luck in your search though its addictive!

I'm trying LOL...and not getting paid till August is forcing me to be patient regardless :p...soon, very soon...

I just spent money I should probably be saving to put down a deposit on a custom as well. The bug gets to be expensive fast! If I had the money I'd be scooping up no less than a dozen cues for sale in this forum right now.

Well I wanted something different...and when I saw this cue by Al Bautista w/the butterflies on Gaboon Ebony into Amboyna Burl, I absolutely feel in love...
DSC_5326.jpg


So I googled thru everything I could find on Al here and in the Philippines, read up as much as possible...and then contacted a few people that I knew owned his cues via Pm's privately...inquired about them, and made my choice to give him a shot. It's going to be practically the same with the wood and butterflies...but with a Celtic theme. Celtic cross inlays with Celtic "knotted" ringwork at all positions with the materials being silver, brass, and abolone...We're still designing the cue, but I'm super excited to be having Al create this for me...

There are alot of talented builders right here on AZ BILLIARDS and their prices are reasonable to. But there are alot of good deals on used cues on here to so grab them up while they last cause the markets down and the time to buy is now if you can afford it so we should keep our money here on AZ instead of some where else <<ED

There are so many cues I've been watching LOL...
AnthonyLewis208's Phillippi is driving me crazy... It's a fantastic looking cue and is really priced at a bargain, and falls in my price range...

My first non production cue was a Phillippi, and I miss it...I quit playing pool over 15yrs ago and went on to other things and sold the cue...wish I still had it though!!! It was a fantastic player for me...

actioncentral's TAD is another fabulous cue, but is just above what I want to spend, but again...another great buy for the right individual...and his monster Prewitt?...incredible, but outta my league right now. My cotton isn't that high... Maybe next time LOL...

Come on August!! :grin:
 
Back
Top