Wanted: 1 Piece of Pre-Flag Master Chalk

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hmmm

Come on guys. This has been beaten to death. There is no difference between the chalk. Masters added the flag after 911. They did nothing else but add the flag to thier label And now folks think they changed the formula because the old stuff was better. Everyone thinks old stuff was better, but its the same damn thing.....geez.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
152   1   1
is it the ingredients?

Come on guys. This has been beaten to death. There is no difference between the chalk. Masters added the flag after 911. They did nothing else but add the flag to thier label And now folks think they changed the formula because the old stuff was better. Everyone thinks old stuff was better, but its the same damn thing.....geez.

For what it's worth, there are differences on the label. Old pre-flag chalk does not have the trademark symbol, and uses "ILL." along with the zip: "60612"
The new pre-flag chalk has the trademark symbol and uses "IL" with no zip code.
If the formula hasn't changed, it could very well be that the ingredients have changed in some way. I do know that the label changed at least once prior to the flag being removed.
I will say this, comparing the old stuff to the newest I have, it FEELS different (to the finger, my cue doesn't seem to care).
Karl

a9ballbr8k

Don't anger my stakehorse
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
How many free pieces with no shipping charge have you got so far?
A good way to acquire chalk.

Anyone that knows me, knows I am not like that. I don't appreciate that comment (unless it was in jest)l. I have no problems with paying for a product, I just don't like wasting my money on things I don't like. I offered to pay the person back so no "free" chalk for me. I am receiving 1 piece to try out. I have refused the other offers.

Last edited:

bearsafety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
If the people from Masters say the formula isn't changed and many think it's just because the older chalk is dried out, has anyone tried to put the new stuff in the oven and dry it out? Maybe a microwave?

I don't know, maybe it works.

I heard Sara rousey saying that Jason Klatt does this.