Wanted: inexpensive break cue / playing butt

soyale

Hello all,

From the sounds of it, all break cues are of the same quality until you get into the $300 range. I do not believe I am at the point in my game where that will help me, so I'm looking for something cheap to use instead of a house cue.

I just want to play around with a harder tip/ferrule, and be able to experiment with the weight to see if I prefer to break lighter/hard-stroke or heavier/light-stroke. I would prefer a phenolic ferrule and hard leather tip, but I'm begging and not choosing.

If somebody has one of these https://www.ozonebilliards.com/product/j-pechauer-cues-break-cue-natural in used condition for cheap enough i would be delighted.

I am willing to pay maybe $150 maximum for something I really like. Otherwise show me your broomsticks!

My playing cue is a 5/16x14 piloted joint so bonus points if it has that joint.

No J&J Please.

soyale

Bump, still looking.

Any cheap playing cue butt that is weight adjustable would be fine, too! I just need something to put a break shaft on and figure out what weight i like. Thanks in advance!

soyale

Players SP, with Breaktip, about $100.00

Thanks, are you selling one or merely pointing out the option?

I am aware of the budget cues out there. In fact, my playing cue of 12 years is a modified 5280, which i believe is a lower end product.

This thread was made to try and find an AZer that could use the extra cash for a used cue they dont want. I’m actually in posession of a 20ish year old players cue, but the shaft is beyond warped and the buttcap has come unglued. Not too keen to spend money on another.

I do appreciate the suggestion, thank you.

soyale

Really? I had a Schmelke last year that had the same weight bolt as a Lucasi.
Well you just blew my mind. I’ll send david an email.

Anybody know if he’s willing to use 5/16x14/p ss joint? It’s not listed on the website as an option, but neither is the weight bolt.