WANTED: Reviews & CF Shaft Experiences

Rusty in Montana

I just had a chance to shooting with a J Pechauer with a 12.4 Rouge shaft I've enjoyed it so far it hits well and the Jade medium tip I really like the control it produces on the cue and object balls .

StrokinLumber

Pool Dawg has a returned Defy radial shaft with a 7 day return so I just ordered it. I did forget about the two different sized joint diameters so I hope it fits my butt.
I recently purchased (and immediately returned) a 12.4 Revo Radial shaft from them. I decided to return it due to the lack of manufacturer warranty when purchasing a returned/preowned cue. I ended up spending the extra $50 for peace of mind.

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Konllen and Crical carbon fiber shafts seem easy to buy for around $200 on Amazon, AliExpress, and several other retailers. A variety of joints and tip diameters are available. This seems like maybe a good way to start out with CF shafts?

I'm interested in the Crical 11.8 mm shaft but can't find any information about its taper. Does anybody have experience with these? Thanks in advance.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Konllen and Crical carbon fiber shafts seem easy to buy for around $200 on Amazon, AliExpress, and several other retailers. A variety of joints and tip diameters are available. This seems like maybe a good way to start out with CF shafts?

I'm interested in the Crical 11.8 mm shaft but can't find any information about its taper. Does anybody have experience with these? Thanks in advance.
The Crical 11.5 is a conical taper, info comes directly from the source.

Last edited:

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Crical 11.5 is a conical taper, info comes directly from the source.
Thanks for the quick reply! I was hoping it would be pro or maybe hybrid, like a Predator Z shaft or Cuetec Cynergy. Oh well.

Do you know what the taper is on the Crical 12.4? Where are you finding this information? I can't seem to find it myself.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the quick reply! I was hoping it would be pro or maybe hybrid, like a Predator Z shaft or Cuetec Cynergy. Oh well.

Do you know what the taper is on the Crical 12.4? Where are you finding this information? I can't seem to find it myself.
Unfortunately I dont know the 12.4 cricals taper.
From what Im seeing theres very few joint sizes available for the crical shaft.
Heres the link for their website....
If you do pull the trigger on one, I suggest purchasing it through the Zokue website; which from what Ive gathered, is one of the Crical cue suppliers. Zokues offering that crical cf shaft for $140 . However being theyre a over seas retailer I recommend a payment which offers buyer protection.

Heres Zokues link..

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Issue with Konllen and the JFLowers CF shafts is that they are not very low deflection, more like a standard shaft just different material. I played with 3 different ones, and all would miss a ball fully when using sidespin shot from the spot to the end rail. Even a medium LD shaft would hit the ball half full, and the better LD shafts would be like 4/5th of the ball.

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately I dont know the 12.4 cricals taper.
From what Im seeing theres very few joint sizes available for the crical shaft.
Heres the link for their website....
I reached out to them via the chat icon
Near the right bottom of their webpage.
If you do pull the trigger on one, I suggest purchasing it through the Zokue website; which from what Ive gathered, is one of the Crical cue suppliers. Zokues offering that crical cf shaft for $140 . However being theyre a over seas retailer I recommend a payment which offers buyer protection.
Ah, chat button. Never would have thought of that. Thanks. Thanks for the tip re: Zokue too.

My understanding is that Konllen, JFlowers, and Crical are all brand names for cues manufactured by "Nantong YUDO" (a Chinese company).

A lot of people seem to like JFlowers cues so getting one of those shafts for $140 seems like kind of a no-brainer...

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am playing with a cf shaft from Go Customs (Goran Kobas) from the Netherlands. A small company that is growing fast and bigger in the last couple of years.

My cf shaft is a 12,5 mm, pro taper, 30 inch shaft. Very solid hit with very low deflection. I played the Revo 12,4 and didn´t liked it (sound), played the cynergy from cuetec and liked it, played the Ignite from Mezz and loved it. But i bought the go custom shaft, because for me, the playability of that shaft is directly behind the Ignite but it´s less expensive (new = 399 €).

You can choose a lot of tip diameteres = 11.1 mm, 11.5 mm, 11.8 mm, 11.9 mm, 12.2 mm, 12.4 mm, 12.5 mm, 12.8 mm, 12.9mm
Joints = 5/16-14, 5/16-18, 3/8-10, 3/8-11, 3/8-14, radial, uniloc, united, wavy
Length = 29, 29,5 and 30 inch

Go customs not only built cf shafts, they also built complete cf cues, cf break cues and cf jump cues.

I personally can highly recommend this company. Have a look on their website.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of the ones I've tried (Ignite, Revo, Cynergy, Black, Fortis) I would rank them:
Ignite>Fortis>Black>Cynergy>Revo (Couldn't stand the feel of the Revo)

I recently got a GO Customs break shaft in a trade. I have previously owned a BK Rush and many Mezz Power Break G which are great break cues (PBG a tad bit better than the BK). I always ended up selling both these cues, many times, because I couldn’t justify paying that much for a break cue. With the GO shaft, I’m breaking just as good. Power with control, and it is stiff asf. Fits tightly and perfect for my Joss Thor Hammer butt.