Warren Kiamco's First Trip to the USA

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that Warren came here when he was in his early or mid 20's, and he went on the road all over the west coast and to some parts of the midwest and east coast, and that within a few months, he had won about $300,000 gambling in pool. People were saying he was the next Efren, after he drilled everyone at Hard Times. After that he went back to the Phillipines and retired for a few years, then started competing internationally again around 2000 or 2001. Anyone know about this?
 
cuetechasaurus said:
I heard that Warren came here when he was in his early or mid 20's, and he went on the road all over the west coast and to some parts of the midwest and east coast, and that within a few months, he had won about $300,000 gambling in pool. People were saying he was the next Efren, after he drilled everyone at Hard Times. After that he went back to the Phillipines and retired for a few years, then started competing internationally again around 2000 or 2001. Anyone know about this?
Yup, it was in the 90s when the Bicycle Club held tournaments. And no he didn't retire from international competition after his USA stint. He concentrated on Japanese tournaments and the Asian and Southeast Asian Games.
 
he came thru greenville s.c. in the early 90s and won a ton of money( 10000-50000) in a few days. saw him in richmond va. 2 weeks later in a world class event and bet on him against rafael martinez . kiamco hung a hill/hill 9 ball and it looked like it just shattered him(me too. lol) after that tourney, i never heard of him again until the last few years
 
jayburger said:
he came thru greenville s.c. in the early 90s and won a ton of money( 10000-50000) in a few days. saw him in richmond va. 2 weeks later in a world class event and bet on him against rafael martinez . kiamco hung a hill/hill 9 ball and it looked like it just shattered him(me too. lol) after that tourney, i never heard of him again until the last few years



Getting a US visa ain't easy for Warren or for any other Filipino pool players
other than Efren and Busti. He plied his wares in nearby Asian countries and
was the bridesmaid in 2 or 3 Asian 9-Ball stops. He's just like wine I guess,
getting better with age...
 
gopi-1 said:
Getting a US visa ain't easy for Warren or for any other Filipino pool players
other than Efren and Busti. He plied his wares in nearby Asian countries and
was the bridesmaid in 2 or 3 Asian 9-Ball stops. He's just like wine I guess,
getting better with age...

I hope Luat can pull a 'Kiamco' soon. Luat is a great player but for some reason, he always chokes near the end of a tournament. Always a
'bridesmaid but never the bride'.
 
Kiamco

cuetechasaurus said:
I heard that Warren came here when he was in his early or mid 20's, and he went on the road all over the west coast and to some parts of the midwest and east coast, and that within a few months, he had won about $300,000 gambling in pool. People were saying he was the next Efren, after he drilled everyone at Hard Times. After that he went back to the Phillipines and retired for a few years, then started competing internationally again around 2000 or 2001. Anyone know about this?

He played in a tournament I ran at Santa Clara Billiards in the early to mid 90's. He used an alias with Warren as his last name. We had around 90 players including Davenport and several other top local players and he won the tournament. Later on he played in the San Francisco Open at Chalkers. I received a bye in the first round and was to play the winner of the Kiamco Efren Reyes match. I was rooting for Kiamco because I had such a poor tournament record against Reyes in three matches against him over the years. Kiamco beat Reyes, won the lag for the break against me, and put a six pack on me. I don't remember where he finished in the tournament, but it was up there. On a positive note, after I lost to Kiamco I drew a bye on the losers side, then beat a local player, then got knocked out by Danny Medina and cashed $400 afterbooking one winner. John Henderson
 
I wonder how long Kiamco's current stint in the US will last? He could certainly be a nightmare for alot of the other players out there on the tournament scene.
 
Back
Top