We're cyclop balls replaced by dynasphere? Any reviews on dynasphere?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are those your set? If so, did you notice the crack under the finish on the cueball, or is that an artifact in the image?

Yes, those are my Dynasphere balls in my room - and no, that’s not a crack. If you can zoom in, you can make out the reflections and an ultra small dust particle - but no cracks. They’re 99.998% flawless. I do know where the 0.002% part is, but that was only discovered under my 10x jewelers/billiard ball collector’s lamp

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
The League room in west Virginia sells them for 75 shipped or 55 if your close enough.

The picture below isn't mine but that's what they look like.

I wish the 2 wasnt similar color to the Cyclop 7. They look kinda neat though. Priced very well.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the price of under 100 the Tungstens so far have performed amazingly.

I have yet to see a mark from the leather diamond pockets appear either.

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve no idea where you guys are finding the Dynasphere for under $100. No sites that I’ve seen list them that low, most are double. For $180 I can buy another set of Cyclop Ares.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond is coming out with a new ball set. Seems like a different version of the Hyperion balls looking like a version of centennial

Any photos to share or a link? I do not see anything on the Diamond website.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up the league room on Facebook.

Chris Wilson owns it and is a diamond billards dealer and ships them for 75 bucks.

I did notice they slide off a bit with English dunno if it's because everything is so new or what

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got some of the tungstens for $80 shipped from olhausen. They play great and i wonder if they were some sort of test run by dynasphere because I don't see them listed on many sites. I like the colors and design more than the platinums.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a set too from olhausen.. order is confirmed but I haven't got the shipping details or tracking number yet. ....I like the look of the tungstens. Kinda retro like the aramith continental balls.

From what I found its about the only place,that has them listed online that's not a foreign site

JT4Annapolis

JT in FL now
I can see these Dynasphere Tungstens are cheaper $70 dont look to bad and their specs are below but what are the specs of say Super Aramith Pro. I am not able to find the weight/size deviation and hardness for the Super Aramith Pro balls to make comparison or Aramith Premiums.

Dynasphere Tungstens
Size: 57.2mm
Weight: 169 gram
Gravity: 1725
Hardness: 59 Rockwell
Composition: Extremely High Phenolic Resin Content
Weight: deviation between all balls within 1 set is better than 1,5 grams.
Dimensions: maximum deviation of target diameter is 0,08 mm with 1 set.
Roundness: all sets with a maximum deviation of 0,04 mm.
Hardness: ≥ 56 Rockwell E.
Specific Gravity: better than 1.700

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they list the actual specs for the aramiths...they can't justify the bloated pricing. I'm sure the specs are simular tho. I bet these dynasphere spec better than balls 3x the price

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did your order go thru? Thought that place folded. Those balls are not in current DS line-up. No offense but they are hideous looking.

It took awhile, but I got an email today saying that they have shipped, and my credit card has been charged, so seems like they are on the way.

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up the league room on Facebook.

Chris Wilson owns it and is a diamond billards dealer and ships them for 75 bucks.

I did notice they slide off a bit with English dunno if it's because everything is so new or what

Thanks, I bought a set from them, it took less than a week. I’m not a fan of the color scheme and some of the numbers don’t match but from what I can tell of the build, which remind me of Cyclop, it’s a good deal.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread has died off but I said I'd put a review up, so here it is:

I've been playing with the Dynasphere tungstens for about a month now, and I couldn't be
happier. The quality of materials is second to none. They stay every bit as clean as my old
Cyclop balls, or maybe even cleaner. I've not noticed a single skid yet, and they have a really
solid crisp feel.

Even the hyper-simple color scheme has grown on me, although I wish they had either gone
for the full skittle treatment, or stuck with traditional colors. This set is somewhere in the middle
color-wise, and it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. The aesthetics are the weak point
with this set, but they really aren't that bad in person. The simplicity might even be a positive
for gameplay, with a less distracting design than more expensive ball sets use.

I'll give them a firm A+ for value. Great playing balls at least as good as my old Cyclop set, and
considerably better than the Centennials they are replacing. Considering they are so cheap they're
almost free, you'd be a fool to pass them up if you're on the fence about getting them.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
I tried to test the theory but I missed every shot! I finally made a ball after hours of trying but alas It is a drop pocket GC1. I will let you know...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread has died off but I said I'd put a review up, so here it is:

I've been playing with the Dynasphere tungstens for about a month now, and I couldn't be
happier. The quality of materials is second to none. They stay every bit as clean as my old
Cyclop balls, or maybe even cleaner. I've not noticed a single skid yet, and they have a really
solid crisp feel.

Even the hyper-simple color scheme has grown on me, although I wish they had either gone
for the full skittle treatment, or stuck with traditional colors. This set is somewhere in the middle
color-wise, and it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. The aesthetics are the weak point
with this set, but they really aren't that bad in person. The simplicity might even be a positive
for gameplay, with a less distracting design than more expensive ball sets use

I'll give them a firm A+ for value. Great playing balls at least as good as my old Cyclop set, and
considerably better than the Centennials they are replacing. Considering they are so cheap they're
almost free, you'd be a fool to pass them up if you're on the fence about getting them.
Price is definitely right but those may be THE ugliest pool balls i've ever seen. Wow. I thought those Aramith Blacks were bad but these are really bad. The 6/14, did they use bird-turds as the reference color?? ;)

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
THE ugliest pool balls i've ever seen.

I am going to go ahead an let everyone know, this guy is at the forefront of the "ugly ball rating" science! He knows good balls when he sees them!! << See what I did there Garc??:thumbup: I joke I joke :) Good Morning!! I hope you are well!!!

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to go ahead an let everyone know, this guy is at the forefront of the "ugly ball rating" science! He knows good balls when he sees them!! << See what I did there Garc??:thumbup: I joke I joke :) Good Morning!! I hope you are well!!!

TFT
Don't give up your day job, you'll go hungry as a comedian. ;)