What are numbered skill levels equal to in lettered skill levels?

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is probably a dumb question but can anyone answer the conversions of numbered and lettered skill levels. For example, is a 3 skill level a D? Is there a conversion chart?
 
Dr Dave's site has a few good ratings lists.

Imo, an apa 3 is about a D/E. Even a weak 7/9 would be a high C/B-. That's in the bigger picture. Locally, even a strong 6 could be considered a weak A sometimes. I'm a mid 7/9, I think, but would put myself in the B range, but A locally.
 
I know this is probably a dumb question but can anyone answer the conversions of numbered and lettered skill levels. For example, is a 3 skill level a D? Is there a conversion chart?
There are many different numbering systems. Many of the most popular are documented here:

player rating resource page

A comparison of various common number systems to the tradational letter system can be found in the following chart:

Billiard University (BU) rating comparison chart

I hope that helps,
Dave
 
Back
Top