What can I look forward to at the US Open?

Rich R. said:
You do have a way with words. :D

My wife and I will be in our usual seats again this year, with several friends on both sides. :cool:
Just around the corner from Hizzoner the Mayor and me. Looking forward to a great US Open again this year!

Brian in VA
 
Varney Cues said:
Inzombiac....reserve your room early...real early.;)

No worries there, he's staying on my extra cushioney couch :D

We'll be at Q-Masters on Tuesday all-day :) You going to head up for this Mr. Varney?
 
Look forward to everything and there is real cheap nice rooms across the street at Red Roof Inn always available if somebody else makes the trip with you. It ain't as good as the Derby City but it is still awesome, I missed year before last because APA cities and was heartbroken so my APA operator called and made up a schedule with Barry for the next five years. Be glad Hero will be there to help get from tourney to Q master as the roads are very tricky, I have to relearn every year after 8 or 9 opens. We will get a plan for everyone to meet up from AZ when the open is closer.

Leonard
 
www.billiardhq.com is the sales company and the VIP tickets range from $120 to $200 and here's the general admission:
General Admission Prices are $10.00 Per Session,
Day Session : 11am, 1pm and 3 pm
Evening Session: 6pm, 9pm, 11pm, 1am?
 
The first time I went to the Open in '02, I went for just the weekend and bought $10 admissions everyday that I was there and I sat wherever I wanted as long as the person whose seat it was wasn't there. By the end of the tournament, you'll see everyone sitting in their respective seats as it will be a full house.

When I went the following year and through '05 (I didn't go last year nor will I make it this year), I bought $200 tickets for the whole week because I had so much fun to just stay for a weekend.

Have fun!
 
> One thing you can look forward to,and this is a minor nitpick at best,is the lack of food options if you don't rent a car,or drive there. You can either eat the food in the tournament room,which is decent but might not be your taste,or the restaurant in the Holiday Inn,which is pretty expensive. Ordering in pizza in your hotel room is also an option,but there are NO other restaurants within walking distance. The times I've gone and didn't drive,it was about a 20 dollar round-trip cab ride to McD's,etc.


Rest assured you will see players you've never heard of that probably play better than you.

Q-Master's in Virginia Beach will be hopping all night. Good people,good food,great equipment. Tommy D.
 
Tommy-D said:
> One thing you can look forward to,and this is a minor nitpick at best,is the lack of food options if you don't rent a car,or drive there. You can either eat the food in the tournament room,which is decent but might not be your taste,or the restaurant in the Holiday Inn,which is pretty expensive. Ordering in pizza in your hotel room is also an option,but there are NO other restaurants within walking distance. The times I've gone and didn't drive,it was about a 20 dollar round-trip cab ride to McD's,etc.
You may have missed another good option.
At the far end of the main hallway, they have a lunch and dinner buffet every day. The food is good and it is very reasonably priced. There is usually a menu posted near the entrance to the tournament room and the menu changes each day. They usually have several main courses, many side dishes and deserts.
This is a very good place to eat, especially during the later rounds, when you don't want to miss anything by leaving the convention center.
 
Back
Top