What did YOU do this time, the WIFE asks:

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Well, i pled innocent. I followed the direction and everything. :cool:

Somehow i have managed to turn the white part of my balls red. :eek: [OK open the door fool, let them get at you.] Its ok we need a good laugh every now and then. :grin-square:
So anyways on with the problem at hand.( and no thats not how my balls got red.) :mad:
A friend gave me a set of balls that were kinda old and all chalked marked up. i used some of my ball cleaner, (wont say what), on them and they came out looking pretty good. The cue ball still had a few marks on it, so i thought i would use some SOFT SCRUB on them to remove the last of the spots. Well the minute the S/S hit that cue ball it turned not bright red but like a marble red going thru it. I do have pics , but was hoping some one might know what happened where they so cheap that the bleach had a chemical reaction with the cleaner and polish. Inquiring minds want to know and so does my wife. :sorry: Help Guys and Gals. :smile: Thanks in advance.;)

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
ccn7 said:
Well, i pled innocent. I followed the direction and everything. :cool:

Somehow i have managed to turn the white part of my balls red. :eek: [OK open the door fool, let them get at you.] Its ok we need a good laugh every now and then. :grin-square:
So anyways on with the problem at hand.( and no thats not how my balls got red.) :mad:
A friend gave me a set of balls that were kinda old and all chalked marked up. i used some of my ball cleaner, (wont say what), on them and they came out looking pretty good. The cue ball still had a few marks on it, so i thought i would use some SOFT SCRUB on them to remove the last of the spots. Well the minute the S/S hit that cue ball it turned not bright red but like a marble red going thru it. I do have pics , but was hoping some one might know what happened where they so cheap that the bleach had a chemical reaction with the cleaner and polish. Inquiring minds want to know and so does my wife. :sorry: Help Guys and Gals. :smile: Thanks in advance.;)

Ok, so you are talking about pool balls right? Cause if not, I would say get to the emergency room ASAP, chemicals can cause scarring and then the wife will really be upset...

Dwight

androd

androd
Silver Member
BigDogatLarge said:
Ok, so you are talking about pool balls right? Cause if not, I would say get to the emergency room ASAP, chemicals can cause scarring and then the wife will really be upset...

Dwight
green is dangerous, red's probably just lipstick.

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
Wow, that's too bad about your balls... Look on the bright side: it probably looks a lot worse than it really is.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
More info

Another valuable tipbit of information regarding the cleaning of billiard and or pool balls. Do NOT place them in your dishwasher. A friend of mine did this and damaged his set of pool balls by doing this. I think the high temperature of the water is what caused the colors to bleed together. I think it was a lower grade set of pool balls. Based on his experience I would not risk it even with a high end set of pool balls.

Kevin

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Neil said:
I never took chemistry, but I still would say, yes, you had a chemical reaction. I had a good solution for you, until I saw your age. Sorry, but it won't work for you anymore. Your wife already knows if you are an idiot or a genius.

But, for the newly married out there- if you ever do something like this, which is perfectly understandable, but on the surface makes you look like a klutz, try this-

put the balls down in the basement, or some room she isn't likely to go in. "Then, where she can see you, just start mixing some ingredients together. Such as vinegar, ect. When she ask you what you are doing, just tell her that after reading the ingredients on the soft scrub, the must have been a chemical reaction, and you are goint to neutralize it.

Then take it in the basement and tell your wife not to come down, it just might emit a little gas. Now, take the solution and dump it down a drain. Take out the new set of balls you bought on the sly and put them in your ball polisher. Now take the old set that you ruined, and stuff them somewhere secure for later disposal.

After about a half hour to an hour, take your 'clean' balls back upstairs to show her. She will be very proud of you, and think you are the greatest catch ever!

Always a good answer about the wife.

Your really good at this whole "pump yourself up in the wife's mind" stuff aren't you.

Breaking cues to keep her satisfied and show her how much you care.

Pretending your a chem wiz.

You should write a book.

LOL.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
eating red cheatos?? I always go with the orange ones, but heard the new red ones are kinda good. Each their own.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time my balls turned red was back in college. I was with these two girls, one was Russian and the other was Italian..........