What is a Sneaky Pete these days?

Pangit

Banned
I've always thought it was a simple four point cue....slick...looks like a house cue? No crazy highly figured wood?

Now you have SP's with multiple elaborate rings, SP's with multiple inlays, Fancy SP's with Linen Wrap???? Who put's linen on a SP? There are even some SP's with all the above and butterfly splices? That's real "Sneaky", don't ya think?
 
Everyone that has a sneaky pete these days is a player of pool. The sneakiness of the pete is no more. I believe now it just means you want a quality cue without paying for bs decor that you don't care about. Re: the cues you describe, everyone knows what you're saying and they may or may not be willing to accept the extras. How many hustles nation-wide have happened in the last year bc someone owned a sneaky pete? I say 3.2. . .
 
I think the term sneaky pete now a days has nothing to do with the cue
but more to do with the price point.

I agree that a true sneaky looks like a house cue but most guys
won't spend 400-500 on a cue that looks like a house cue unless
its a Scruggs but even thats a stretch for most.
 
Back
Top