What is an OB Rez Shaft

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The description says:

• AA Grade Hard Maple Outside
  • Stabilized with resin on the inside
  • White Ferrule for a Crisper Hit

What does stabilizing with resin do for a shaft?

I notice that the usual declaration:

This shaft is the best hitting lowest deflecting shaft OB has have ever made.

is missing as well as a lifetime guarantee against warpage.

Tb4848

not knowing anything about the shaft and just knowing about woodworking, when you stabilize the wood with resin, you are filling every pore of the wood with resign to make it stronger. as a visual, if you took swiss cheese with all the holes, its pretty easy to break it apart. now if you fill those holes with more cheese, then that block becomes much stronger. hope this helped.

terpdad

Registered
Interesting. Hadn't heard of this. OB needs to slow down a little. I think this makes 3 new product launches in under 2 years (Phoenix, Carbon, Rez).

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Epoxy is a resin.
Resin is used to glue various bits of the wood shaft together.
If you do this bonding in a vacuum bag or in an autoclave under pressure, the glue is forced into the pores of the wood.
An Autoclave can be used at temperature and pressure to cure the epoxy faster--lowering manufacturing costs.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting. Hadn't heard of this. OB needs to slow down a little. I think this makes 3 new product launches in under 2 years (Phoenix, Carbon, Rez).

O.B jumped the shark a couple years ago! For many of us who supported the company over the years we got the "SHAFT".

So now O.B would like to start with a clean slate. That's fine, but count me out.

I am starting over too...