What is the Pot for SVB/Mike D Match?

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what the payout is for this upcoming match...? Should be a good one regardless....

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to ask why are these two still playing? I'm honestly not to open to watching them play unless they meet in a tournament to be honest. This is kind of a been there done that kind of thing. Free i'd watch, won't pay to see these two match up, i'd pay every time for others but not these two.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was going to ask why are these two still playing? I'm honestly not to open to watching them play unless they meet in a tournament to be honest. This is kind of a been there done that kind of thing. Free i'd watch, won't pay to see these two match up, i'd pay every time for others but not these two.

In fairness, it seems that Dechaine has improved and is a great player, but it is true that I don't think he has ever beaten SVB in a long match up

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well thats not really t point..,

I think that these two playing is good for both. I think that the one thing left to help SVB to continue to improve/win/ become even more dominate is to have 4 or 4 guys that he knows can hand it to him...

even if he's the better player, so long as they can beat him from time to time it will push all involved.

That's one of the reasons that the Philippines produces so many big hitters, they have to play tough competition all the time. If Mike or Sky or Josh or Jay or Hall start beating SVB they will all improve

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
I think this will be a close match. This is table 1 at Snookers (Mike's home table), and its a tight table.

I'll be there to sweat it live.

I'll be there sweating. What time do you think I need to get there in order to get a spot at the rail beside table 1? I'm not a big fan of standing and Snooker doesn't have anywhere good to sit besides there or the bleachers across the room where you can't see much.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know what the payout is for this upcoming match...? Should be a good one regardless....

Really don't care...

On the other hand the match is the nuts...

We have 10 matches in our database between these two. Mike won 5 and Shane won 5. Of the 180 games they've played in these matches, Mike won 91, and Shane won 89.

Mike feels like he has Shane's number.... Maybe he does.... Match is at Snookers... It will be a fun one.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there sweating. What time do you think I need to get there in order to get a spot at the rail beside table 1? I'm not a big fan of standing and Snooker doesn't have anywhere good to sit besides there or the bleachers across the room where you can't see much.

The night before since we know they will be lined up down the street to get a good seat :rolleyes:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Really don't care...

On the other hand the match is the nuts...

We have 10 matches in our database between these two. Mike won 5 and Shane won 5. Of the 180 games they've played in these matches, Mike won 91, and Shane won 89.

Mike feels like he has Shane's number.... Maybe he does.... Match is at Snookers... It will be a fun one.

Interesting data. I've got Mike winning this one, he's got home field advantage and super comfortable on table 1, as opposed to Shane who will have to adjust to the table. Mike hardly loses at home. Plus his 10 ball break isn't too shabby.

Edit: Mikepage, does your data include the TAR match they played?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting data. I've got Mike winning this one, he's got home field advantage and super comfortable on table 1, as opposed to Shane who will have to adjust to the table. Mike hardly loses at home. Plus his 10 ball break isn't too shabby.

Edit: Mikepage, does your data include the TAR match they played?

It does not. We've got 5 TS matches, a couple US Open matches, the CSI challenge, and US Open 10-Ball and 8-Ball

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
It does not. We've got 5 TS matches, a couple US Open matches, the CSI challenge, and US Open 10-Ball and 8-Ball

Cool. Why include the CSI challenge match and not TAR? Is there a reason behind it or are you planning on including it in the future?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool. Why include the CSI challenge match and not TAR? Is there a reason behind it or are you planning on including it in the future?

In general more data is better, and we're happy to include pretty much any legitimate matchups. But we have to be careful to avoid bias. For any match that we decide before it is played to include there is no bias. Including a full tournament there is no bias.

We'd be happy to include TAR matches if we could get a list of matches with scores.