what is wrong with knowing the contact point and hitting it with the cb

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol ops

the shot percentage posts seem to imply that people w/o aiming systems think they are better than they are and cte or something will improve their shooting. maybe so. a couple of my original posts were rather tongue in cheek. sorry you all missed it.i dont use ghost ball myself, only contact point and offset. i just thought shakey was confused bout contact point and he could find it that way. thank god i can understand and see contact point cuz i cant understand cte or anything that pivots at all. perhaps it would improve me, who knows. my psr is the same all the time and i get back up and begin again if i have too, sometimes more than once on difficult long shots. glad i dont have serious vision problems either. give it time lol. as i near 60, things are just a little bit dimmer ha ha.also i didnt call anyone names i simply raised the possibility lol.as regards duckin shots, lets play some pocket billiards and whenever theres a pocket whatsoever for your ball, you must shoot it. I, on the otherhand, may employ whatever strategy i like. hmmmm. no offense intended guys. regarding vulgar , i love it when someone on az icludes a link and i visit it and find it utterly full of profanity and whatever. since im so vulgar of course. good rolls to all.nite

Last edited:

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the shot percentage posts seem to imply that people w/o aiming systems think they are better than they are and cte or something will improve their shooting. maybe so. a couple of my original posts were rather tongue in cheek. sorry you all missed it.i dont use ghost ball myself, only contact point and offset. i just thought shakey was confused bout contact point and he could find it that way. thank god i can understand and see contact point cuz i cant understand cte or anything that pivots at all. perhaps it would improve me, who knows. my psr is the same all the time and i get back up and begin again if i have too, sometimes more than once on difficult long shots. glad i dont have serious vision problems either. give it time lol. as i near 60, things are just a little bit dimmer ha ha.also i didnt call anyone names i simply raised the possibility lol.as regards duckin shots, lets play some pocket billiards and whenever theres a pocket whatsoever for your ball, you must shoot it. I, on the otherhand, may employ whatever strategy i like. hmmmm. no offense intended guys. regarding vulgar , i love it when someone on az icludes a link and i visit it and find it utterly full of profanity and whatever. since im so vulgar of course. good rolls to all.nite

How much offset? I like how you aim.:smile::thumbup:

Shaky1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no problem with anyone around here! :thumbup:
btw.I made an appointment with the eye surgeon to see what I can expect. A few more weeks will tell? :embarrassed2:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I am no way saying non-system users are inclusively wrong about their shot percentages..... In most instances we are ALL wrong about our percentages..... I don't care what systems u use or don't use... I just think you need to do whatever you need to for any specific shot that gives you the best chance to make it..... I use SEE, I use point on the cloth.... I use fractional... I use half ball pivots w/ splits or doubles.....

I don't use a single system because I shoot shots until my percentages are in the 90s... I try different systems on shots I have trouble eyeballing... If I can shoot it in the 90s eyeballing it then I guess I am using PITH.....

My pool game to me is like a toolbox.... I find tools that work for certain shots and I put them in my toolbox..... Some people have 2 items in their tool box.... duct tape and wd40.... If it doesn't move and it should they grab the wd40.... If it moves and it shouldn't they grab the duct tape..... I like the have a few more items in my toolbox.......

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tools r good if u r using them. i wish i could understand somehing like cte but so far all the details seem to cryptic for me to grasp.

lamas
see post 12 in this thread.the diagram u posted. see how A = A ?? that is the offset i refer to. from the stroking line of the center hit cue ball the contact points on both balls are offset the same amountfrom the stroking li ne of the cb and a parallell line through the center of the ob. whenever A = A, for a given contact point, you are gonna hit it correctly. it is how i see the shots and it has looked the same to me since i was little.

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is how u hit the right spot on the ob with the right spot on the cb. you get the offsets (A=A) equal for any given contact point.

barking

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaky1
good luck with your eyes. get more than 1 opinion would ya? also, check out the docs track record. best to ya.