What makes a transaction "perfect"?

cuennoisseur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Most of the time I'm more of a passive member of this forum - a recipient rather than a poster, but lately I had a transaction with a fellow AZ-member that I think is worth to be mentioned. I bought an item well worth the price it was advertised for - if only the description would have been correct. Unfortunately there was a small but important mistake made in the ad, so my disappointment was big when the item arrived (timely shipped and sufficiently packed). Considering the stories heard (at this forum, too) my chance of getting into trouble with the seller was bigger than the alternative.
But this fellow absolutely was a person of integrity. He answered my email promptly, admitted the mistake, assured me he didn't want to mislead me and offered several alternatives to make up the deal (including to take back the item and covering cost for shipment and money transfer). In the end we were able to find a solution I'm comfortable with, but what made me highly pleased was the manner the situation was dealt with. Just thought this story would be worth to be mentioned. Chapeau to NY.
Best regards

Dirk