What order to upgrade equipment

Good Advice

Lots of good advice already given. There are many variables to why you aren't able to move the cue ball. I would check the condition of the tips on your cues. Are they hard as a rock, soft or flat? Then I would put a new tip on the cue I like the best. You don't have to spend lots to get a good tip, a Triangle or LePro tip would probably be a big upgrade to what is on your cues.

Good Luck.
Stan
 
Yes, the tip in this stick is like concrete. Idk if you can change the tip on this cheap pos lol.
 
Just went down and shot for a while. Tried lining up ob on ob and then cb on ob. Pretty much identical results. ob lined up on first diamond cb(or ob used as cb) on 2nd diamond. Out of 20 shots could draw maybe half back 1 diamond, rest pretty much sat like a stop shot or spun in place.

The cue ball is a green valley cougar cue ball. But in pretty shitty shape. Think im just gonna have to start piecing away at it all.
 
Just went down and shot for a while. Tried lining up ob on ob and then cb on ob. Pretty much identical results. ob lined up on first diamond cb(or ob used as cb) on 2nd diamond. Out of 20 shots could draw maybe half back 1 diamond, rest pretty much sat like a stop shot or spun in place.

The cue ball is a green valley cougar cue ball. But in pretty shitty shape. Think im just gonna have to start piecing away at it all.

If it spun in place you put side and not bottom on it.
 
Do the chalk mark test using a precisely oriented object ball as your cue ball. That will tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt what is going on.
 
Ironically, I was just over at my father in laws, and he handed me a little gift. He's 70 and doesn't shoot anymore. I know it's not crazy nice and that it's a McDermott but outside that I don't know how to identify it. Anyone have any idea on this cue or how nice it is? One piece down, 2 to go lol
 
wow, well actually maybe its nicer than i thought. He was telling me it was a real nice cue but hes kind of a bullshitter so I didnt know if he was fn with me. I did a little looking and from what I see it looks like it might be a M7Q6 cue. I know the 314 is a predator shaft. Ive never shot with one but always heard great things about them. Not sure on the break shaft but imagine it must be pretty nice too.

Not sure if im correct though, what you guys think?
 
That's a high end McDermott from probably the late 90's or early 2000's with an additional aftermarket shaft made by Predator. The McDermott probably retailed for about $1000, and the Predator shaft $150.

Someone here will know the exact model for sure, as McDermott has their old catalogs floating around the Internet.

Great find!

Now, go shoot with your new cue and see where the chalk mark is on the object ball used as a cue ball:)
 
Back
Top