What pool players do when not playing pool

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
awesome. no such exotic fish on my shores. well at least i caught a shark last year while wreck fishing halfway to denmark, but it was mud shark lol. other than that it's just mackerel, cod, trout, salmon. tuna is very rare sight and has so been for 40 years. would like a USA/carribean fishing trip someday.
I'm in Costa Rica. We have many exotic species...
IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Here is a rod repair that I did for a guy. The rod is a Calstar and their underwrap is a proprietary turquoise thread that isn't available to the public. Here is the broken guide:
Seastar02.jpg

Replacing the guide was no problem, I had a box of matching guides and if Ib could have striped to the blank and retied. a new guide it would have been 45 minutes plus finish work tops but I knew I couldn't match the under wrap. I had to try to preserve it. I used a dental pick to raise the thread and unwrap it from under the finish:
Seastar04.jpg

Seastar06.jpg

One side then the other:
Seastar03aa.jpg

Until I had removed all the old overwrap, broken guide and enough of the old finish to provide a solid bed for the new guide:
Seastar07a.jpg

Then it was simply a matter of seating and wrapping the new guide, match the gold decorative trim and finish:
Seastar08.jpg

For comparison, here is the adjacent guide in original condition.
Seastar01.jpg

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a rod repair that I did for a guy. The rod is a Calstar and their underwrap is a proprietary turquoise thread that isn't available to the public. Here is the broken guide:
Seastar02.jpg

Replacing the guide was no problem, I had a box of matching guides and if Ib could have striped to the blank and retied. a new guide it would have been 45 minutes plus finish work tops but I knew I couldn't match the under wrap. I had to try to preserve it. I used a dental pick to raise the thread and unwrap it from under the finish:
Seastar04.jpg

Seastar06.jpg

One side then the other:
Seastar03aa.jpg

Until I had removed all the old overwrap, broken guide and enough of the old finish to provide a solid bed for the new guide:
Seastar07a.jpg

Then it was simply a matter of seating and wrapping the new guide, match the gold decorative trim and finish:
Seastar08.jpg

For comparison, here is the adjacent guide in original condition.
Seastar01.jpg
That sir.....is very impressive 👍👍