What shaft with McDermott "Supreme" cue?

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Being in Nebraska now, I bought a McDermott "Supreme" cue, because of the nice red handle. I only expected to have it on display as I didn't think it would probably play that well. I hit a few shots with it and it played pretty well. I then turned the shaft down to 12.5 and put a different tip on it and, at least IMHO, it now plays really well. It is now going to be the cue I take to bars to play with.

I would like to have a second shaft, so trying to figure out it the shaft is one of McDermotts' standard maple shaft.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any input you maybe able to provide.

Rusty in Montana

I'd suggest going with a maple shaft or shafts from McDermott with the diameter shaft / ferrel you prefer when I shot with my old McDermott cue I preferred 13.5 shafts and I used Le Pro tips exclusively then also .

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gcore shafts have a red line where the ferrule meets the shaft.

bc00fe306c261f4ab04e1422f489fad0.jpg

I assume no logo but I bet the line would still be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the responses. I got an email back from McDermott and they said it was their maple shaft and they could make me another one. That is the route I will take to make sure joint, including diameter, matches.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being in Nebraska now, I bought a McDermott "Supreme" cue, because of the nice red handle. I only expected to have it on display as I didn't think it would probably play that well. I hit a few shots with it and it played pretty well. I then turned the shaft down to 12.5 and put a different tip on it and, at least IMHO, it now plays really well. It is now going to be the cue I take to bars to play with.

I would like to have a second shaft, so trying to figure out it the shaft is one of McDermotts' standard maple shaft.

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for any input you maybe able to provide.

That's just a normal McDermott with red paint and a logo on it, it would have the same hit as their other cues. I don't even see the US stamp on the thing so it may have been a Chinese Lucky or Star branded cue, but even those are pretty good, although 1/3 to 1/2 the price of US made stuff. Supreme has an even better business model for selling stuff with a name brand than Apple ;)