What type of shaft should I get?

MilwShooter

Pool? Never heard of it..
Silver Member
Since I'm no longer getting a better cue, I'd like to get a better shaft. What size do I need? I know the pin is 5/16 but not sure of how many twists in an inch. It's a Brunswick cue, I have a picture of the joint below. Also...Should I get an OB shaft or is there something that a different brand can offer that OB can't?

l_d2d2548a67fc41ba9cd9c6100f04696c.jpg
 
low deflection. I think I might like to try a 12.5 tip. Someone I was playing last night had an 11.75 tip and he was spinning the cue ball on almost every shot, I don't want to start all over with shooting center ball. lol

Low deflection
something around 12.5
preferably not TOO expensive
 
there are some nice custom cue makers that have shafts in your price range... J&P seems to make a nice shaft... there are a LOT of options.. ive heard a lot of good about OB, predator, etc..

Schon is down the street from us and makes them and by the looks of your pics you could fit it... we can try tomorrow off my schon if you want
 
there are some nice custom cue makers that have shafts in your price range... J&P seems to make a nice shaft... there are a LOT of options.. ive heard a lot of good about OB, predator, etc..

Schon is down the street from us and makes them and by the looks of your pics you could fit it... we can try tomorrow off my schon if you want

The owner of Romines is also tied to Schon, could ask him I suppose. Perhaps he'd give me a discount. :: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ::...ehem, pardon me.
 
low deflection. I think I might like to try a 12.5 tip. Someone I was playing last night had an 11.75 tip and he was spinning the cue ball on almost every shot, I don't want to start all over with shooting center ball. lol

I have much better control with my OB-2 than I ever had using the OB-1. Not sure why, maybe it just suits my style of play better for some reason. I have also used the 314 and Z shafts for extended periods of time, and prefer the OB-2 to those as well.
 
I have much better control with my OB-2 than I ever had using the OB-1. Not sure why, maybe it just suits my style of play better for some reason. I have also used the 314 and Z shafts for extended periods of time, and prefer the OB-2 to those as well.

Other than your personal difference with control, what's the big difference between a 1 and a 2 that did it for you in the first place? There don't seem to be very man places that sell JUST shafts around Milwaukee which means I can't test out the shafts first...I have to buy it on good faith. I don't like that at all.
 
Other than your personal difference with control, what's the big difference between a 1 and a 2 that did it for you in the first place? There don't seem to be very man places that sell JUST shafts around Milwaukee which means I can't test out the shafts first...I have to buy it on good faith. I don't like that at all.

The OB-2 has a conical taper which makes the shaft play a little stiffer, and IMO gives it a much more solid feel, despite the much smaller diameter. Royce has a great company though and I don't think you could go wrong with either shaft. Too bad you couldn't get in a few shots with each and see which feels right for you.
 
Back
Top