What's In The Case: Runde, Lambros, Mezz, Predator, Sowder....

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the day, I loved watching the "What's in the case" videos with Sam Diep. Seeing all the cues/little trinkets professionals carried was incredibly entertaining and opened my eyes to the world of pool equipment. Here is a video of "what's in my case" for everyone to enjoy. I would also love to see what other fellow AZ members carry in their cases.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I primarily use a 6x12 Ringtail Lizard case that Gil Castillo made for me five years ago.
There are several Instroke hard cases that are empty to store my other cues & shafts.
Just my ‘85 Runde Schon has 2 original shafts (micarta) and 3 extra shafts (ivory), plus
my Palmer cue and assorted break and jump cues. But the 6x12 case is my primary case.

On the old Forum, I shared photos of my favorite six cues I carry. All of the cues purposefully
have really close matching specifications and tips so that when I switch cues, it is seamless.
The six cues weigh 18.5 ozs., the shafts are 21 & 22% wt. ratios, flat ivory cue joints w/ big pin.
All of the cues have the same brand tip, except one and all of the cue shafts have ivory ferrules.

I’ll return later to post some photos of what I’ve described so you can view TS, EP, BO & JR’s work.
Tim was a legendary cue maker, Ed is one of the elite names and Bob & Jerry are master cue makers.
Jerry has retired, Ed has a huge waiting list, Tim has passed & Bob’s cues are garnishing rave reviews.
A cue’s appearance, as dazzling or mundane as it otherwise might look, has little to do with how it plays.

When I open my case, I never am certain which cue I’ll pull to play with. It may sound contrived but it really
doesn’t matter to me because all of these cues are so similar it really is seamless to switch cues at any time.
Now I don’t do it unless I get the urge to try a different cue but when I do, there’s really minuscule difference.
Owning two cues from Bob & Jerry throws off my collection since my goal was to have 6 different cue-makers.