What's your favorite local pool rooms?

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's your favorite local pool rooms?Any links or web pages?I'm lucky enough to have several in Mn but I'd say without a doubt Cr billiards is my favorite with the 16 7ft Diamonds.This is where I play my leagues out of and they also have many other events and have really great food and service!http://www.crssportsbar.com/ The Mpls billiard club is a very close 2nd.Here's the link but you just never know who you may run into there.;)http://www.minneapolisbilliardclub.com/
 
There are several rooms I play at. Sonny's is the place I frequently play. It's a fairly small place,with 6 Valley barboxes and 3 9 footers(2 Brunswicks and a Kasson),but it's got a great southern atmosphere. Plus you find some good fun low stakes games there. Another place I play is The Hole Thang(yes that's the correct spelling). They have a huge 9 ball barbox tournament every 3rd Saturday of each month that attracts some big names but I've only played in the tourney once. Got my butt handed to me both times. They also have a Diamond 9' and several Kasson 9' tables. It's an okay place.
For snooker I play at an old pool hall simply named Dodo's Pool Room. They have a nice 5x10 Brunswick snooker table and we have a game every Friday night with teams. Then on Saturdays we go to another snooker room for a doubles tournament.
There are many more non-local pool rooms that I've played at. I loved Mr. Cues in Atlanta and the Side Pocket in Marietta.
 
Honestly of all the few place I have played in the Valley of the Sun, TEMPE's Kolby's Cornor Pocket.
 
There are some great rooms by me . Dimond jims in Nyack NY. Cafe Billiards on Tukaho road in Yonkers NY. Dave Pinkstons room in Newberg NY he put alot of work into that room. Thats were I like to play.All these rooms are about 35 minuets from each other. Comet we all know is about 40 minuets from Dimond Jims in NJ same as Rockaway billiards. these are all good rooms in the NY,NJ area so if you are ever in the area these are the rooms I recomend.....they are the best IMO.......best of luck jim jones
 
Sorry I forgot to mention Daves' room is called Gallery billiards it is in Newberg NY. Very good room.
 
Back
Top