Where’s the action in Nashville Tennessee?

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I post the action like I see it.

At the Rack in Detroit, I have a waiting list of guys that want to play me. Same thing in Chicago at Red Shoes or Chris’s.

Indianapolis, a guy wants to play I say sure. He wins the first game I win the second. He says he’s tired and wants to meet tomorrow. I show up for a game and his tennis elbow is bothering him so he doesn’t want to play. Later a guy comes up to me and says I’m trying to get you a game but you played Godzilla yesterday and now no one wants to play you.

So do you want me to spell out all the rooms that are filled with nits and it’s tough to get any action? Like Indianapolis, Huntsville, Nashville. How about the good room cities, New Orleans, Chicago, Philadelphia, Vegas, Minneapolis.

While your running your keyboard/mouth, I’ve asked to play you several times but I see your part of the nit club.
You couldn't get played in New Orleans. That's a first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nits?

You wanted to play $20 one pocket, and your attitude is garbage.

When I go looking for action, I actually look for it.
The different towns I've seen you in, you play on some table away from everything else and are Timothy Churchmouse.

Your window was 1 1/2 days and you could have easily asked the houseman for a game and someone would have played.

Oh, you left out that you didn't want to raise the bet to that guy who quit and has legit elbow issues. In fact this is the first time he has missed the Midwest Classic. So for $20 ya the pain probably didn't out weigh the problems.

Not everyone posts on forums.

I played Steve for 30. I rarely play for more than 50. I’ll play for 5 if a guy just want to learn something. The house man said “no one wants to play me”. Someone post on here looking for action I give them the honest scoop based on my experience. Take it for what’s its worth. It’s the straight scoop.

When I go out of town the guys that I should be playing won’t play me because they think I’m some kind of road player so I end up playing guys who are two balls better or more than me. I figured Steve knew he was the better player. That’s why we wanted to play for a hundred. I rarely win when I’m on the road and that’s fine, I have a job, but I’m not rich. I’m not short stop speed, I get plenty of beat downs. I just want to play some.

So just because I want to play anyone and everyone my attitude is garbage. You must be a wonderful person.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played Steve for 30. I rarely play for more than 50. I’ll play for 5 if a guy just want to learn something. The house man said “no one wants to play me”. Someone post on here looking for action I give them the honest scoop based on my experience. Take it for what’s its worth. It’s the straight scoop.

When I go out of town the guys that I should be playing won’t play me because they think I’m some kind of road player so I end up playing guys who are two balls better or more than me. I figured Steve knew he was the better player. That’s why we wanted to play for a hundred. I rarely win when I’m on the road and that’s fine, I have a job, but I’m not rich. I’m not short stop speed, I get plenty of beat downs. I just want to play some.

So just because I want to play anyone and everyone my attitude is garbage. You must be a wonderful person.

My schedule is a bit iffy lately due to hospital trips for my wife, as well as myself but I love playing cheap sets.

Everyone's cheap is different but here is my thoughts:

The longer the race, the more $$$.

Example:

10 ball

Race to 9, 11, 15 = $20, $30, $40

I have and will play for even less or more depending on situation.

I've been known to play a race to 50 for $50. Yep, that's right, race to 50 for $50. Now that's loving to play!!!!!

I live in north Alabama if anyone want to play.

Someone sent me an email not long ago asking if I would play race to 11 for $500. Um, nope.

I told them I would play several sets for $20 to $40 and if that was not enough then they are probably out of my league gambling wise and maybe even playing wise as well. Never know, I've known some BIG GAMBLING done by some very non-playing folks.

I'll say it again, I love to play even if you are stronger player. I just like cheap action.

Rake

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You couldn't get played in New Orleans. That's a first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reading comprehension 101. New Orleans is on the good room list. Everyone gets played that comes to New Orleans.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading comprehension 101. New Orleans is on the good room list. Everyone gets played that comes to New Orleans.

I LOVE new Orleans pool scene. Hell, I love new Orleans "everything".....

Player can't get played in New Orleans is a player that don't want to get played.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
If you aren’t getting played for cheap games in Indy you didn’t try very hard.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you aren’t getting played for cheap games in Indy you didn’t try very hard.

I've been through a few times. Always action to be had. May have to wait on someone or give a little weight to someone already there......... or get weight from the person that is called lol... either way, action can be found and I never had issue with anyone there.

Good bunch of folks.

w9ball

My Long Lost Love
Silver Member
Roger that

Ok, AZ has spoken. I’ll be at JOB’s probably Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (12th-14th of November) during the daytime if someone wants to play some one pocket, 9 or 10 ball. I’m not a high roller or road player, so I’ll play like $25 a game one pocket, or some $10 a game 9-ball. Let me know if anyone wants to play those days.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, AZ has spoken. I’ll be at JOB’s probably Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (12th-14th of November) during the daytime if someone wants to play some one pocket, 9 or 10 ball. I’m not a high roller or road player, so I’ll play like $25 a game one pocket, or some $10 a game 9-ball. Let
. Someone told me a few days ago they were going to tear JOBs down soon.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, AZ has spoken. I’ll be at JOB’s probably Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (12th-14th of November) during the daytime if someone wants to play some one pocket, 9 or 10 ball. I’m not a high roller or road player, so I’ll play like $25 a game one pocket, or some $10 a game 9-ball. Let
. Someone told me a few days ago they were going to tear JOBs down soon.
They have the dates for MusicCity '19 so i guess they're gonna be around a little while.

CElliottH18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The smoke at JOB’s isn’t nearly as bad as it used to be. I’m a non smoker and I have no issues there.

To OP - I play at job’s weekly (the Thursday night tourney usually has good competition and ends before midnight) and I should be off on Wednesday. Send me a pm if you’d like to play some. I’ll play most anything in that $$ range.....I’m a 605 fargorate

Elliott

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jtom the next time your in TN I wont gamble with you but I would play some one hole with you if I can make it to JOB or if you can run up to Clarksville, I haven't played a lot in the last 30 years but trying to get what ever game I had back. The Barber and I have known each other for about 50 years but I was never at his speed.

Ron, I have another trip to Nashville tomorrow afternoon. Can you make it to JOB? How far is it to Clarksville? I might be able to get up there.

Jim