Where to play in Detroit?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be heading to Detroit on business maybe in Sept, what would be a good pool hall or 2 to visit? Hopefully in an area I don't need body armor in.

I have a couple of trips there in September. The Rack for the most part is the best room around. 1P is a big game there but several guys will play 9B. Golf on the snooker table is good and there’s always card games going on.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I have a couple of trips there in September. The Rack for the most part is the best room around. 1P is a big game there but several guys will play 9B. Golf on the snooker table is good and there’s always card games going on.

Do they play euchre in the pool room?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I love Detroit, but it's pretty bad. Want to go see someone get raped on the street in broad daylight? Visit sunny Detroit, call the cops and they won't be there.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
What was I thinking?

The last sliver of home grown pride, along with everything else, was abandoned long ago.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The Rack is not even in Detroit... It is in Livonia. Not scary, not dangerous(anyplace can be for those looking for trouble) and is a traditional style pool room that does not sell booze. It may have been some shady place back in the day, now, Richie runs a good pool room. Many of the known players from the area do shoot there and there is action there if you are serious.

As for the condition of Detroit: it is only getting better. Sure, there are VERY dangerous areas and many many "burndown" neighborhoods, but, Downtown, Corktown and many of the little cities/towns and villages in the Detroit area are doing GREAT!
How the American Auto Manufacturers were let off the hook for leaving Detroit such a mess is beyond me, they simply abandoned entire factories: local government so weak, no one did anything...

DETROIT IS ON THE RISE!!

Trent from Toledo

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to back Trent on this one as a hole Detroit is on the rise! I go there monthly just never have time to shoot. But seriously they cut my cat off my impala while I ran in the store for 10 min. Rent a ford!